• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fostering in Surrey/Sussex

mich8

Alpha Buck
Is there any rescues in the Surrey/sussex area that need people to foster buns. I have seven rabbits of my own. Most of which are unwanted/abanboned buns. Two of my rabbits have come from the RSPCA so I have been checked out by them.
So if anyone knows how to get into fostering in this area I would really like to hear from them.

ARC are always happy to have hands on help and fostering too.

With fostering for ARC you need to be close enough to the hub in Twickenham to be able to go to the Charity's vets in Twickenham for any vet work needed or close enough to our other vets Windlesham Village Vet and Kynochs in Windlesham and Harmans Water. It's not feasible to take them anywhere else because the discounts given at the above are very generous. It's also important the care given by these practices for bunnies is of a very high quality and is trusted.

As a fosterer for ARC it's important that you are close enough to Janice in Twickenham to drop off bunnies (sometimes at fairly short notice) when they are needed for bonding or for viewing by potential new parents.

Don't let that put you off if you are close enough - I foster for them and find it very rewarding.

If you find a rescue closer to you then I would certainly recommend going along and meeting the staff. See if you can fit in with what they need from a fosterer as some rescues have different requirements.

Good luck.

Helen

Back