• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Phantom pregnancy?

Lisa & Amos

Warren Scout
Hi

I think my little girl is having a phantom pregnancy. She has made a nest, lined it with fur and tonight she seems very restless and grunting. Is there anything I should do ?
She is getting neutered in a month when I have some time off work to watch her when she is recovering.

Hi

I think my little girl is having a phantom pregnancy. She has made a nest, lined it with fur and tonight she seems very restless and grunting. Is there anything I should do ?
She is getting neutered in a month when I have some time off work to watch her when she is recovering.

Watch your fingers!
Is there even the smallest chance it could be a REAL pregnancy? if she's restless and unconfortable she could be about to give birth.

I don't think so, she is paired with Amos but he has been neutered for 4 months. They've been together 5 weeks now but she did start nest building before they were bonded once.

Hopefully not then, although you can never say never with rabbits. Some vets advise waiting 3 months after neutering before introducing a female, although most only advise 6-7 weeks.
I wonder if she would appreciate some little cuddly toys?

I think I would put it down to being with a boy. Autumn started nesting about 4 weeks after putting her with Charlie. I was so paniced, as I had only had her 4 weeks, and didn't know where she had been before that. Just put it down to new place/smells/boys

Well the nesting seems to of stoped now. I've went in every morning expecting to see a litter though! She is definetly hormonal and has now started humping Amos much to his suprise, as it was always the other way.
Roll on neutering.

Back