• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Strawberry

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Just attacked me! Full on lunged at me and bit my arm, all because I wouldnt give him another fenugreek crunchie!

I really dont know what to do with him anymore, he has started climbing all over me and nipping me arm all the time. How do you punish a bunny? I have been shouting no and letting him know it hurts but he isnt taking any notice. I have had to put him away right now as I am trying to do my planning for tomorrow and he wont stop biting.

:shock: He's becoming a wee booger isn't he :shock: Naughty Strawberry! I haven't got a clue what you could do - I'd suggest neutering but he's been done :?

Now you know what to do - give him the fenugreek crunchie - NOW!!! :shock::lol::lol::lol:

Bless him norty Strawberry :no: You can't be mad at him for long though, because he's sooooooooooooo cute :love::love::love::love:

Have you tried doing a 'Rabbit Squeel' when he bites and then turn your back on him and thump your foot a few times.

......I spend to long 'talking' with Rabbits
:rolleyes:

Oh no, naughty Strawberry. Hope he starts being nice again soon!

I'm probably talking rubbish (it's late, brain asleep etc) but do bunnies have a dominance thing with people in the same way dogs can do? Maybe Strawberry has decided that without Graham he needs to be very clear who's in charge of the household. Or maybe he's upset/unsettled at being an only bunny now, and taking his frustrations out on you.

Really hope he gets back to being a well-behaved boy again soon.

Have you tried doing a 'Rabbit Squeel' when he bites and then turn your back on him and thump your foot a few times.

This just make me chuckle! My OH would think I was completly mad if I started stamping my feet at him! Although actually, whenever I pick him up as soon as I put him back down he stamps at me- so maybe it is a dominance thing!

I cant stay mad at him as he is soooo cute, and he never bites my OH, only me!

Roll on the Easter holidays when we can get him a gf!

I agree with that one (as long as you don't admit it in public to non bunny accustomed people :oops:)
When Billy was smaller and started trying to be naughty, we had a few "who's the boss issue". If I turned my back on him after a thump and "ignored" him, he could not stand it and had to come around and give me kisses after a few minutes. The most problematic was to know where he was and keep your back turned the right way though!!!
My OH, who is nearly as bunny mad as me, has always called himself the alpha bunny of the warren and I must say he had a few less problems with Billy so it must be something in our behaviour where they think hmmmm maybe I could be the top of the burrow with that one.
Now everything is fine with Billy, it was only a short trial period, but I think that trying to stop it quickly is important so they don't take it as the norm.
And anyway even if Martin and I kid ourselves it is our house, here that's the bunnies that rule (but at least they don't bite us anymore ;)).
Good luck with Strawberry he is a gorgeous little naughty boy :love:

Back