• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just had to split up a fight.......

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
I had Millie and Thumper (my bonded male/female pair) out in there run since its lovely weather but just brought them in as im about to get my sister and as soon as i put them in there cage they were fighting and chasing and i just grabbed Thumper and had a check of him and he is fine, And checked Millie and she has a little bite mark on her back, a little red but the skin isnt broken so its not bad.

They are on a course of baytril for their snotty nose will this help the wound not get infected?

Cant believe this has happened, they have never had a fight before and im shaking because it happened so suddenly. Not a nice thing to see :(:(

It is scary when they start! Who would think such cute fluffy babies could be so vicious!

Yes the antibiotics will help prevent infection and also bathe in salt water using cotton wool as this helps any possible scab that forms from becoming itchy and too crusty (which can cause a would to bleed/reopen if scratched off!)

I would get yourself some gardening gloves jsut incase this happens again - as I have been on the receiving end of a nasty bite when separating buns... it bled for hours! Apparantly they can bite down to the bone on human skin :shock:

Oooh I'm sorry! I know how upsetting it is I seen joey go for Scooch once and Scooch let out this big squeak....it's horrible when they fight. Hope it gets sorted

oh no i know how you feel as i have just had to separete my two sisters as they started chasing around the run and molly was trying to bite Perdy xxx

It will be good old spring fever, it probably will never happen again. Just keeping the wound clean will help stop infection.

Yep had a phone call this morning form a lady with a bonded male/female pair that have been fine until now but had a set too after a trip out to the garden.

Spring time can be a right pain for bunnies.:roll::lol:

They are fine now and Millies is grooming Thumper. Hmmmm springfever.....yep that sounds about right, i just hope Fudge doesnt catch it and attack her mummy :roll:

Well hopefully it was a one off and it wont happen again!

Back