• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

4 week old kit has swollen bits

tracy08

Warren Scout
I noticed this morning that one of the babies didnt come out when i went to feed them, and it turned out that she had poo stuck to her 'bit' i cleaned it off with warm water (nearly threw up too) and her bits are swollen now. the others are fine, every one is eating drinking. I have read that it could be because of change in diet. What do you suggest it may be?

I noticed this morning that one of the babies didnt come out when i went to feed them, and it turned out that she had poo stuck to her 'bit' i cleaned it off with warm water (nearly threw up too) and her bits are swollen now. the others are fine, every one is eating drinking. I have read that it could be because of change in diet. What do you suggest it may be?

prehaps where the poo has stuck has irritated it or caused an infection or cistytus.. i would pop her to vet to double check.. iv heard calendula or vaseline is good at soothing irritated skin but do check with a vet its safe to use first. x

thanks just wondering of course now i know that she is a girl lol But still. Didnt realise that the poop could get stuck, been seeing blobs of poo that sticky too I was panicking that i wasnt cleanign the hutch out well enough but i do it every day

right. not sure how i can do that though with mum. unless i take her out and feed the babies speratly. might work?

Back