• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Signs of pregnancy

ostaragirl

Warren Scout
Apart from the obvious that babies appear in about a month are there any behaviours or other signs that a rabbit is pregnant?

I would also like to know how you can tell if your rabbit is pregnant. Our doe has started grunting and squeeking when you try and pick her up and I am wondering whether this means she is pregnant. If anyone knows how you can tell please let us know.

I would also like to know how you can tell if your rabbit is pregnant. Our doe has started grunting and squeeking when you try and pick her up and I am wondering whether this means she is pregnant. If anyone knows how you can tell please let us know.

Is she still with a male rabbit?

Grunting and squeaking could be a sign of pregnancy but also that she is in pain or that she is territorial.

she goes in the run with the male but they have separate hutches. Having said that, the male (Sooty) will jump into her hutch given the chance.

A Doe will tend to nest - you will find fur in their bed area normally. if she does have babies, dont disturb the nest or she will reject them (possibly eat them) - and keep the buck out too!
if it is anything like a cat pregnancy you might be able to feel golf-ball sized things around her tummy area at a few weeks into pregnancy - these would be the kits! if you do decide to feel her tummy, be very gentle.

Last edited:
Back