• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Growing Rabbit Food

SisterMoonbeam

Mama Doe
Does anyone else do this? I am not a keen gardener i have to admit. My idea of mowing the lawn is moving the bunnies' run :lol:. But i just bought some dandelion and basil seeds from ebay so going to give it a go in some pots in the kitchen :D

I grow grass in some troughs in one of those mini greenhouses from argos. The buns seem to enjoy the fresh grass. It's not very adventurous I know :lol:

I've just planted up some plastic trays with different varieties of lettuce and rocket, done these before and they go down well and re-grow a few times or just top up with more seed. I've got soem large established patches of parsley as well that they love and I've grown radishes in the past, They love them when you leave them to flower.

I have herbs, basil, parsley, dill, coriander, thyme and chives. I started some cabbages last year and they will be ready soon. I've put some seed in for kale, purple sprouting and peppers. This is all done in pots and a mini greenhouse. I will be growing carrots, turnips, beetroot and radishes once its a bit warmer. I love growing for the buns. I also grow grass. Pampered Piggies has a selection of seed of all different types of plants bunnies like.

I buy the "growing herbs" from Morrisons for 69p and put them in pots and grow them in the garden. Seeds are too fiddly for me, but I have to hide the plants from the buns!

I buy the pots of herbs too and put them in a container for them. They don't last long but at least they grow back. :lol::lol:

I also have done the grow your own from Hay experts and they love it.

Im growing some herbs for my bunnies. They're so expensive in the supermarkets I thought Id try growing some instead. Only planted them about 10 days ago and they've shot up already:shock:

just planted some parsley and spinach beet. I grew alfalfa grew in 10 days demolished in 20seconds.
Diane:lol:

Im useless at gardening and all that lark. A few weeks ago i planted some basil seeds... they werent very expensive for the seeds and they seem to be growing :D The old woman next door said they need planting into seperate pots now though as the seed tray isnt deep enough :?

I really want a little herb garden for the bunnies... i'll get there eventually :lol: xXx

Growing bunny food is great, I grow as much as I can ( mostly beneficial hedgerow plants and herbs, plus timothy grass and herbal grazing mixes). I also dry out what I can while it is in abundance, so the buns can still have variety during the winter.:D

But i just bought some dandelion and basil seeds from ebay so going to give it a go in some pots in the kitchen :D

I used to grow 3 different kind of spinach, 2 different kind of carrot, corns for my buns, but last year I didn't do it. In the past few years, for unknown reason, not much get out of it, just a bit.

But back a few years back, they grow very nicely. In 1 year, I even have tomato.

By the way, you don't need to grow dandelion, I can't kill them fast enough in my backyard. I have easily 500 to 600 in the backyard, and I didn't grow any1 of them.

I had a veggie patch and planted a load of cabbages but the following day it got broken into and destroyed by some local reprobates :rolleyes:

Back