• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bertie is worse u/d - he's gone :(

lynda_m

Warren Veteran
As the title says really :cry:

I've tried syringing him the science recovery but he's very unresponsive to it and it's just dribbling out of his mouth, he's not interested. His tummy is still gurgling a bit and have tried rubbing his tum but I really don't know what else I can do.

I think we're losing him and I can't help him :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
The surgery is open now, give them a call and get him seen again this morning. In the mean time keep him warm. Good luck
Sorry i only just saw your other thread

Have you called them yet? What did they say?
What time yesterday did he have pain relief?
It may be worth asking for him to be admitted for fluid therapy if he won't take the recovery.
Sending vibes

Lynda..if you haven't already taken him he needs some more pain relief and sub cut fluids to support him..keep him warm and keep us posted xxx

He's gone :cry::cry::cry:

His stomach had blown up so much the vet said that he really could do no more and he had never seen a case as bad as Bertie's before.

He was very weak and I don't think he could take much more, his stomach stopped him from moving so we had to make the difficult decision.

I am absolutely heartbroken and I'm not too sure how Ted will adjust to be honest, but I did what I felt was the best thing for him :(

He's gone :cry::cry::cry:

His stomach had blown up so much the vet said that he really could do no more and he had never seen a case as bad as Bertie's before.

He was very weak and I don't think he could take much more, his stomach stopped him from moving so we had to make the difficult decision.

I am absolutely heartbroken and I'm not too sure how Ted will adjust to be honest, but I did what I felt was the best thing for him :(

I am so sorry :cry:

Bloat in Rabbits is absolutely dreadful and sometimes no matter what we do we cant get them better.

Binky Free Bertie

xx

I am so sorry about Bertie, big hugs to you - Bertie will know you did your best to help him.

All my love

Andrea x x x

Back