• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

In for a dental :(...Bigger poop but not normal...UPDATE with a pic 8-l

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
Fudge is in for a dental today and even though shes had a few its still horrible leaving them at the vets :(
Its been 3months since her last dental so its an improvement to 6 weeks :D

Im not worried about the actual dental part its her going under anesthetic :( It takes her a little while to come round from the anesthetic so its always a worry.

I just hope after today she will continue to eat her hay and make it longer till the next one!

Last edited:
Good luck Fudge! Let us know how you get on? Vibes for you and vibes for Fudge off me and my lot. Fingers and paws crossed x

I hope it all goes well; it's great that Fudge is going longer between dentals now. :love::love: Bubbles had her first dental about 6 1/2 wks ago now and I'm worrying because I haven't a clue when the next one is going to be. :?

Aww I'm sure she will be fine. My Fiver is under GA at the moment having a dental, he usually averages one every 10-12 months but it's quite hard to tell when he needs one as he is one of those symptomless 'trojan' bunnies. The first sign is usually when he loses weight.

What time can you call? I have to wait until 2:30pm.

Thanks everyone :)

Its more worrying because she is at a new vets and i dont know how she will be. But he is very rabbit savvy so i have complete trust in him its just She got so settled being used to one vet and didnt even care about going.

cant wait to have her home :(

Fudges symptoms change, first symptoms were a funny licking thing then she stopped eating now her poo is smaller and darker.
Its a diff symptom each time and i never seem to catch it before the symptoms appear.

Thanks everyone :)

Its more worrying because she is at a new vets and i dont know how she will be. But he is very rabbit savvy so i have complete trust in him its just She got so settled being used to one vet and didnt even care about going.

cant wait to have her home :(

Fudges symptoms change, first symptoms were a funny licking thing then she stopped eating now her poo is smaller and darker.
Its a diff symptom each time and i never seem to catch it before the symptoms appear.

Mine does the licking thing too. The waiting is definitely the hardest bit but the buns seem to just get used to it and mine bounces back quicker each time.

Hope everything goes well, I am terrible when mine are in and end up with a million half finished jobs that I've started and then got distracted again!

Sending vibes for Fudge (which is a great name btw!)

Just phoned the vet and Fudge is doing great so i have an appointment to get her at half past 4 :D

So happy now. Ive completely cleaned her cage and setup a nice new run for her so she can come home and play with her mummy :D

The vets have told me I can pick Fiver up after 3 but won't be out of work until 5. Also relieved to hear the bill is £64 this time, which is pretty good, I was dreading that bit!

Glad Fudge is doing well too. :D

The vets have told me I can pick Fiver up after 3 but won't be out of work until 5. Also relieved to hear the bill is £64 this time, which is pretty good, I was dreading that bit!

Glad Fudge is doing well too. :D

Atleast he is ok :D Its costing me £75 this time because im at a different vet which costs a little more, its usually £60 but she is worth it :D

Atleast he is ok :D Its costing me £75 this time because im at a different vet which costs a little more, its usually £60 but she is worth it :D

It's cost me anywhere between £60 and £120 :shock: so I didn't know what to expect this time TBH, as he needed a fair bit of work from what I could see.

It's cost me anywhere between £60 and £120 :shock: so I didn't know what to expect this time TBH, as he needed a fair bit of work from what I could see.

How does it work for you, like i pay about £39 for the anestetic and around £32 for the dental no matter how much work is done. Do you have to pay by how much work they do?

Got Fudge home and it was £95 but that was with the consult and metacam on tuesday so wasnt too bad!

I will be going back there because when i got her home she was so happy and bright and took a treat off of me, unlike the last vets where she comes home and is still groggy and sleepy and cold and it normally takes a day for her to be herself!
I dont know what that vet has given her but its great, never seen her so happy after a dental :D

Deffinately worth the extra money :D

Sorry for so many posts :oops::oops::oops:

She has taken her metacam and eaten all of her pellets and had a drink and is currently binkying around the room!

She has done a fair amount of poop but its really small and an odd shape. The vet did say it was common for the guts to slow down while inder GA and that her poo should return to normal in a few days! If she hasnt eaten or pooped (which she has) to take her back tomorrow!

Is this correct? I just dont like to see small poop :(
I suppose small poop is better than no poop after her dental :)

How does it work for you, like i pay about £39 for the anestetic and around £32 for the dental no matter how much work is done. Do you have to pay by how much work they do?

A sliding scale according to how long the work takes. The break-down for today was £38.53 burring, £9.11 Domitor, £8.30 Antisedan, £8.11 Torbugesic.

Total: £64.05

Small, mis-shaped poops are normal for about 24 hours post-GA.

A sliding scale according to how long the work takes. The break-down for today was £38.53 burring, £9.11 Domitor, £8.30 Antisedan, £8.11 Torbugesic.

Total: £64.05

Small, mis-shaped poops are normal for about 24 hours post-GA.

Oh good, got me all panicy :oops:
She did have small poop before the dental but it was the spurs causing the small poo! Its just ALOT smaller than yesteday!

But if its not sorted in 24 hours i will take her back to the vet :D

Her poo is not normal size yet but is alot bigger than before and after her dental! It could be her normal size but not sure i dont have any old poo to compare so i could just be getting worried for nothing :roll:

She is eating fine and drinking and is herself completely, im just worried about her poo :oops:

She is almost finished her moult so is getting a little hair in her poo and i have been giving a little fresh pineapple to help, could it be the sugar in the pineapple causing the small poo?

I could give her hay only for a few days or should i take her to the vet?

Its prob nothing, i just worry so much. They have gotten bigger in the past 2 days so maybe its a case of waiting a few more days?

Sorry for all the Q's :oops::oops::oops::oops:

Back