• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bravery

Are bucks braver than does

• Yes bucks are braver/more adventurous

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • No does are braver/more adventurous

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • About the same

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I have never really noticed

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

rabswood

Wise Old Thumper
Are bucks braver/more adventurous than does? I am thinking about my buns reaction today to the new rabbit warren.

Rabswood

Last edited:
i dont have enough bun experience yet... i shall answer in 10 years or so :p

so far out of the two, alvin is deffo braver but i thinks thats cus he cant actually hear anything to be scared :lol::lol:

I said I'd never noticed, from what I've seen it's more about the individual buns personality rather than gender specific. My lops are the bravest by far, they are very confident and would come barging out to see what's going on at the slightest hint of anything new!

Daisy-Boo is the most confident and adventurous of my buns, closely followed by Pippin. I assume it's because they are only teenagers yet.

Hmmmm. I will try Blossom and Pippin and Lavender and Oxo tomorrow with the rabbit warren.

Rabswood

I said I'd never noticed, from what I've seen it's more about the individual buns personality rather than gender specific. My lops are the bravest by far, they are very confident and would come barging out to see what's going on at the slightest hint of anything new!

My holland lop female is very extroverted. If she sees a new person, she'll run up to them and demand pets. On the other hand, my netherland dwarf boy is a big pansy. He likes to watch things from the corner and only come out when they look safe. (This is especially true when I bring in grocery bags!)

But I still say it's more of their personality and how they were raised. My male bun is very distrusting, but I think that's because he was in a pet shop for his first 6 months.

I'll start researching!

I think it depends on the bun. Roger is a very confident, outgoing nosyparker who can't resist the urge to stick his nose into everything. Barney will too, but only to follow Roger.

I've only had Lucy a week, but she seems to be quite outgoing and nosy too.

I've only ever owned 4 rabbits and Bubbles is the first doe I've ever had so it's not much to base my opinion on, so I didn't vote. :lol::lol:

Alfie is definitely more adventurous, daring and outgoing than Bubbles - she's quite a delicate little lady and sometimes just the sound of the fence panel rattling in the wind is enough to have her stomping her feet and running off up the garden. :?:lol: Alfie will be straight indoors if I leave the back door open, but Bubbles will just hang around on the back doorstep.

Daisy is definately the bravest! Shes the first to run up to you, flops beside me and zooms up and down the stairs! Dudley tends to follow Daisy after holding back and he's never set foot on the stairs!!

Both my girlies are braver than the boys and will try anything new.

Well Skye my boy is brave, infact really brave so i should have choosen both!

form my expierinace yes and no... the bravest rabbti i ever had in terms of boldness was starskey she used to chase cats an bite tails etc... naughty bun!!!! then chelsea in her youth used to binky and chase magpies then you got the ones who are timid in personality but brave during illness...
again chelsea through myxi... and lucky through all her probelms was the very bravest bunny ever....
then you got in terms of gaurd bunnys.. lcuky (doe) and arhtur) arhtur goes..right ok and goes into attack mode his lop ears flick forward almost over his eyes.. and one paw at front goes up while he leans forward he chases dora away to hide behind him then thumps till the thing goes away or i come out.. i think both actually tho initially i voted for bucks.... hmmm.x

I think it depends on the individual rabbit. I have 3 bucks and a doe and she is the bravest and most adventurous of them. The bucks are pretty lazy - typical boys:roll::lol:

Sooty (b) is most adventurous, followed by honey, then rosie & Panda (b) is a wuss despite being a real bully normally. It just goes to show though that most bullies are cowards.

Back