• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I am sat here in tears for Moses/ They are both Ok, We are SO happy

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I am so upset for my darling Moses, he already has so many problems and things are just getting worse for him. As well as his other disabilities, he is already battling hard with his sore hocks and nasty sores on his skin. But this week I actually began to feel we were finally getting somewhere with them.

This evening I picked him up to bath him and put on his bandages and he was the wettest I have ever seen him. His penis (or lack of) seems to be at more of an angle now and he is not only urinating all over one back leg but today he has urinated all over his chest and his armpit is really wet and sore. I think I will have to cut nearly all the fur off underneath him if he has any chance of staying dry. But I know how stressful that will be for him as he has been badly abused in the past with a pair of scissors :(

If that wasn't enough, I have had concerns for the past couple of days that his mouth seemed to have a lot of saliva in it, which always sets of alarm bells for me. Today he was good enough to let me look in his mouth. For ages I couldn't even find any teeth due to the amount of saliva, but finally I think I found the most awful spur on one side. It wouldn't surprise me if there were more but I just couldn't make out anything else.

I can't bear the thought of putting him through a GA but know it will have to be done. He is an elderly bunny with brain damage and lots of other problems, he really doesn't deserve this :cry:

Last edited:
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: poor little soul... least he has you tho hun, no matter how bad it feels hes getting it, he only knows love right at this moment :love:

Oh Liz, I am so sorry he is so poorly, I know how draining it is when you are dealing with sick bunnies all the time, I am now having the same problem with one of mine, hope he starts to feel better soon and hugs to you

Thank you, I am really trying for him, but he has so many problems I just don't seem to be able to get on top of it all

sending big hugs for you and loads of nose rubs for moses.
I really hope he is feeling better soon.

:( So sorry to hear that little Moses is poorly. I'm sure he knows that you're working hard to give him the very best quality of life - I hope you can get his teeth sorted if they need it and that he feels much better very soon xxx

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that Moses isn't well. He couldn't be in better hands though, he really couldn't.

I know that you'll do everything you can to help him, and will make any decisions based on what you feel is best for him - whatever that may be.

Lots of vibes coming from us:)

God bless.

Lots of vibes for Moses in the US. I hope he feels better soon and learns to trust again. He's in loving hands!

Poor Lad :cry:

I wonder if its possible, or even fare, to consider an indwelling or suprapubic catheter for a Bunny :? Maybe not, I really dont know :? With all his other problems perhaps its not an option :?

Im so sorry as everyone has said he couldnt be in better hands.Sending massive vibes his way and a big hug to you Liz

I'm sorry to hear about Moses. :( I know you will be doing everything possible for him. xxx

Poor Lad :cry:

I wonder if its possible, or even fare, to consider an indwelling or suprapubic catheter for a Bunny :? Maybe not, I really dont know :? With all his other problems perhaps its not an option :?

I spoke to another forum member a while back about catheter possibilities. I'm not sure how large they are or how they are fitted but I had concerns about it because of the way he moves. Because of his deformed front leg he is very low to the ground, he is unable to hold his front end up. So when he moves around his tummy is dragging on the floor. Would this be a problem?

Back