PDA

View Full Version : I am sat here in tears for Moses/ They are both Ok, We are SO happy

Hugo's There
19-03-2009, 12:39 AM
I am so upset for my darling Moses, he already has so many problems and things are just getting worse for him. As well as his other disabilities, he is already battling hard with his sore hocks and nasty sores on his skin. But this week I actually began to feel we were finally getting somewhere with them.

This evening I picked him up to bath him and put on his bandages and he was the wettest I have ever seen him. His penis (or lack of) seems to be at more of an angle now and he is not only urinating all over one back leg but today he has urinated all over his chest and his armpit is really wet and sore. I think I will have to cut nearly all the fur off underneath him if he has any chance of staying dry. But I know how stressful that will be for him as he has been badly abused in the past with a pair of scissors :(

If that wasn't enough, I have had concerns for the past couple of days that his mouth seemed to have a lot of saliva in it, which always sets of alarm bells for me. Today he was good enough to let me look in his mouth. For ages I couldn't even find any teeth due to the amount of saliva, but finally I think I found the most awful spur on one side. It wouldn't surprise me if there were more but I just couldn't make out anything else.

I can't bear the thought of putting him through a GA but know it will have to be done. He is an elderly bunny with brain damage and lots of other problems, he really doesn't deserve this :cry:

hurricanhoney
19-03-2009, 12:41 AM
Poor Moses. You are doing brilliantly for him.

donnamt
19-03-2009, 12:42 AM
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: poor little soul... least he has you tho hun, no matter how bad it feels hes getting it, he only knows love right at this moment :love:

Snowy
Oh Liz, I am so sorry he is so poorly, I know how draining it is when you are dealing with sick bunnies all the time, I am now having the same problem with one of mine, hope he starts to feel better soon and hugs to you

Hugo's There
Thank you, I am really trying for him, but he has so many problems I just don't seem to be able to get on top of it all

Kermit
19-03-2009, 12:44 AM
Poor boy.
I hope he pulls through this....he seems like a wee fighter x

MammaH
19-03-2009, 12:44 AM
:cry::cry:
im so sorry the poor mte. you are obviously doing your best for him

vibes for you both xx

louise and Gus
19-03-2009, 12:50 AM
Aw no :(

Lots of vibes for moses

mich8
19-03-2009, 12:51 AM
sending big hugs for you and loads of nose rubs for moses.
I really hope he is feeling better soon.

Starlight
19-03-2009, 12:56 AM
Oh no :(

Sending him loads of cuddles :(

Santa
19-03-2009, 12:57 AM
:( So sorry to hear that little Moses is poorly. I'm sure he knows that you're working hard to give him the very best quality of life - I hope you can get his teeth sorted if they need it and that he feels much better very soon xxx

aussiebun
19-03-2009, 05:35 AM
Oh I'm so sorry to hear that Moses isn't well. He couldn't be in better hands though, he really couldn't.

I know that you'll do everything you can to help him, and will make any decisions based on what you feel is best for him - whatever that may be.

Lots of vibes coming from us:)

God bless.

sidereus7
19-03-2009, 06:40 AM
Lots of vibes for Moses in the US. I hope he feels better soon and learns to trust again. He's in loving hands!

Jack's-Jane
19-03-2009, 08:17 AM
Poor Lad :cry:

I wonder if its possible, or even fare, to consider an indwelling or suprapubic catheter for a Bunny :? Maybe not, I really dont know :? With all his other problems perhaps its not an option :?

Maizey
19-03-2009, 08:17 AM
Im so sorry as everyone has said he couldnt be in better hands.Sending massive vibes his way and a big hug to you Liz

KarenM
19-03-2009, 08:29 AM
I'm sorry to hear about Moses. :( I know you will be doing everything possible for him. xxx

honeybunny
19-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Thinking of you and Moses xx

lilbun
19-03-2009, 11:55 AM
Poor Moses. You're doing brilliantly, he's in the best hands. Hope he feels better soon :love:

Hugo's There
19-03-2009, 12:07 PM
Poor Lad :cry:

I wonder if its possible, or even fare, to consider an indwelling or suprapubic catheter for a Bunny :? Maybe not, I really dont know :? With all his other problems perhaps its not an option :?

I spoke to another forum member a while back about catheter possibilities. I'm not sure how large they are or how they are fitted but I had concerns about it because of the way he moves. Because of his deformed front leg he is very low to the ground, he is unable to hold his front end up. So when he moves around his tummy is dragging on the floor. Would this be a problem?

~ Cat ~
19-03-2009, 12:08 PM
Lots of hugs for you both - you do an amazing job x x x x

Hugo's There
19-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Oh Liz, I am so sorry he is so poorly, I know how draining it is when you are dealing with sick bunnies all the time, I am now having the same problem with one of mine, hope he starts to feel better soon and hugs to you

Thank you, But it is Moses I am so upset for he doesn't deserve any of this, he is the most gorgeous bunny. I've lay awake all night thinking how unfair life is for him. I counted up he already has 8 chronic problems and if his teeth are bad that makes 9 :( What makes it worse is that 7 of them are the result of abuse. How can a bunny go through all of that and still be so loving and trusting? I've also worked out that he is now 8 years old as well.

Jack's-Jane
19-03-2009, 12:17 PM
I spoke to another forum member a while back about catheter possibilities. I'm not sure how large they are or how they are fitted but I had concerns about it because of the way he moves. Because of his deformed front leg he is very low to the ground, he is unable to hold his front end up. So when he moves around his tummy is dragging on the floor. Would this be a problem?

I guess it would be :?
I honestly dont know as I have never had to consider it for a Bun.

Why are some people so unbelievably cruel to have done so much harm to a defenceless Rabbit :cry:

Karma will get them in the end, I have to believe that

Bunshine
19-03-2009, 12:37 PM
That poor little bunny. He sounds like a little angel and certainly doesn't deserve any of his problems. Sending lots of vibes for him.x

Hugo's There
19-03-2009, 01:07 PM
I've booked him in for Saturday so he can see Adele, the best choice now that Jen has left. Our vets don't do routine GA's for bunnies on a friday anyway.

bunlover
19-03-2009, 01:37 PM
I've booked him in for Saturday so he can see Adele, the best choice now that Jen has left. Our vets don't do routine GA's for bunnies on a friday anyway.

fair enough. im glad the vet can see him. i dont worry so much about the ga with his age its more his other problems.. could you make him a jumper so that when he urinates it goes o nthe jumpers which you can wash? with regards to his curelty i cannot believe how horrible people are and im jsut so glad he has you and ste, i think that the best oyu can do is go by adeles advice as to whether a ga is needed or if sedation would suffice to get rid of the spur? once the spur is out of the way at least that will be a big owrry of your back. i hope that his other problems wont stop him leading a happy pain free life with you xx

susiemae
19-03-2009, 03:05 PM
Poor Moses. Sending loads of vibes

angeleyes
19-03-2009, 03:19 PM
I'm so sorry he's so ill Liz, it must be really hard for you :cry: Sending him all the vibes we have and some hugs for you too xxx

Snowberry
19-03-2009, 03:47 PM
Poor Moses. I hope he is feeling better soon.

xxx

tracy08
19-03-2009, 05:51 PM
awwww hope hes feeling better soon xxx ((((hugs))))

Lolly's mum
19-03-2009, 10:50 PM
forgive me if it's already been suggested as ive come into this thread half way through, would a nappy designed for a new born or premature baby work?

emily xx barnsley and me sending lots of love and kisses:love:

Becky86
19-03-2009, 11:13 PM
Poor Moses :( As everyone else has said, hes in the best hands there with you and Steve :)

Hope something can be done for him at the vets on Sat xXx

Bunnyaddict
19-03-2009, 11:17 PM
Lots of vibes coming your way Liz for your beautiful Moses & a big hug for you. I know you must be so drained by all your poorly bunnies, but you do an amazing job - something I'm sure they are all very grateful for xxxx

purplebumble
20-03-2009, 02:20 AM
:cry: omg thats so sick i never realised hed been mutilated etc..poor soul...hes trusting as hes feeling the love and affection liz.....even tho he has so many problems.

all i can do is wish you guys the best of luck sat at the vets.

I agree..a nappy cut to fit a bun would be easier for him for now..even if hes so low down....theres a page in marinell harrimans house rabbit book..the urban houserabbit and there pics there how to trim the nappy.....sorry but i have no scanner or id scan it in for you.

hugs for him and hugs for you and stevexxx

Hugo's There
20-03-2009, 03:29 PM
Thank you for the nappy suggestions, it has crossed my mind and as you know I have used them before.

I don't really think they would be appropriate this time due to all the really sensitive scar tissue on his abdomen. It becomes sore very easily and to have something rubbing against it all the time would probably be a very bad idea. He also has scars where his testicles were cut off and these weep every so often so I think they need to be able to breathe.

donnamt
20-03-2009, 03:33 PM
Thank you for the nappy suggestions, it has crossed my mind and as you know I have used them before.

I don't really think they would be appropriate this time due to all the really sensitive scar tissue on his abdomen. It becomes sore very easily and to have something rubbing against it all the time would probably be a very bad idea. He also has scars where his testicles were cut off and these weep every so often so I think they need to be able to breathe.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

antigone
20-03-2009, 08:15 PM
Thinking of you and Moses.

keepingmesane
20-03-2009, 09:10 PM
poor moses :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

My children keep asking when Moses, Brendan and Prudence are coming to live with us (because of their pictures on our wall)

Hugo's There
20-03-2009, 09:55 PM
poor moses :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

My children keep asking when Moses, Brendan and Prudence are coming to live with us (because of their pictures on our wall)

Oh bless that is lovely :D It's a shame you don't live closer, you would be welcome to visit.

Moses has been out enjoying the sun today and has had a bit of a hair cut so hopefully it will help him stay drier :)

p_prod_uk
20-03-2009, 10:18 PM
Thinking of Moses and hoping he improves a little soon :cry:

I don't know how people can mistreat animals :evil::cry:

Sending you hugs too x

purplebumble
21-03-2009, 01:57 AM
:cry: poor moses xxxx

i guess maybe something more in the line of a breathable incontinece aid would be better.or a way of stopping the wound getting raw.....he is such a lucky boy to have found his way to you after all the hell hes been throughxx

mm what about something like a breathable wound dressing as a bandage type emasure aorund the wound and then the nappy?

im sure ive seen an article somewhere..illl go check my old old bookmarks in case it was an aritcle or a bit ina book...

Hugo's There
21-03-2009, 12:52 PM
Moses has been to the vets today and as I feared his teeth are in a horrific state :(:(:(

He is booked in for a dental on Wednesday as there is only one vet left at the practice who will do gas anaesthetics.

He really is a remarkable bunny, as he continues to eat as normal, I don't know how he does it.

Fairy13
21-03-2009, 05:48 PM
Awww poor Moses. Cant imagine how he's managing to eat just fine. What a brave boy :love::love::love::love:

raine
21-03-2009, 06:25 PM
Poor Moses. Thinking of him this weekxx

Maizey
21-03-2009, 06:33 PM
I'm really praying for little Moses.Im so glad he has you Liz to help him so much

purplebumble
23-03-2009, 01:55 AM
oh Liz.....you are both troopers thats what it is.....and i know recently you felt like it was all getting on top of you but with moses by your side teling you he loves you even tho hes been through hell and back will give you something back.

i really really hope things will go weel for moses and indeed i will be sending vibes and vibes for him and hugs for you for wednesday xxx

i know what you mean i look at little capser and am in awe of how he copes..and he just looks at me so cutely a sif too say i can cope for a while.

bless them xx

aussiebun
23-03-2009, 04:36 AM
Hugs to you Liz - you are Moses' guardian angel.

Bless that dear little bunny.

Hugs.

Lolly's mum
24-03-2009, 10:31 PM
luv to yoo Moses, yoo's iz a vewwy speshal boo boo.

sowwy abowt me spelin.

barnSleY bUnnY:love:

Hugo's There
24-03-2009, 11:07 PM
luv to yoo Moses, yoo's iz a vewwy speshal boo boo.

sowwy abowt me spelin.

barnSleY bUnnY:love:

Thank you gorgeous barnsley bunny :wave:

I am just making moses packed lunch for tomorrows dental and writing lots of instructions for the vet nurses, they are going to love me :roll::lol:

Sparkle x
24-03-2009, 11:09 PM
Vibes for Moses xxx

Hugo's There
24-03-2009, 11:15 PM
Thank you, we also have Emmy Lou going in for a dental too. She is an elderly bun that has already been through a lot and has only been with us 10 days.

Tinsel
*sending vibes*

Sparkle x
Lots of vibes for Miss Emmy Lou too xxx

Santa
24-03-2009, 11:29 PM
Hope everything goes well for both Moses and Emmy Lou tomorrow xxx

purplebumble
25-03-2009, 03:15 AM
:wave: i will be thinking of you guys tomorrow..very much..good luck buns:wave:

i pmd you about casper and put thread in health....lets hope we both get good news tomorrow ((HUGS))

sidereus7
25-03-2009, 05:51 AM
Lots of vibes for Moses and his new loving family!

Hugo's There
25-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Just dropped them both at the vets this morning. I have been awake since 5 with worry ( don't normally wake til 9 :oops:) I just want today over and done with and my bunnies safely back home :)

SOAD
25-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Sending vibes. XXXX

keepingmesane
25-03-2009, 11:25 AM
sending lots of ++++++++++vibes today xxxxxx

Jack's-Jane
25-03-2009, 12:06 PM
Hope everything goes well for them :D

KateB
25-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Sending vibes for Moses & Emmy Lou, and yourself!

purplebumble
25-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Liz i know just how you feel:( sending loads and loads of vibes for them both and hugs for you too...its havoc when you lose sleep like that with worryxx

elaine35uk
25-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Loads and loads of vibes for Moses the poor boy and for Emmy Lou xx

angeleyes
25-03-2009, 03:25 PM
Hope it goes well for them both today Liz xx

sdf76
25-03-2009, 03:32 PM
Hope all goes well for Moses and Emmy-Lou today Liz -thinking of you and sending <<good vibes>>-Sue:wave:

Hugo's There
25-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Yaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy I am so happy, they have both made it through. Emmy Lou is up and about and Moses is still a bit sleepy at the moment :):):)

I need to ring again at 3.30 and hopefully should be able to pick them up afterwards. They will need a bit of time to recover as they have both had pretty major work done. They have already been given fluids and pain relief :)

Moses teeth were in a terrible state, don't think Christine had ever seen anything so bad. He only had one tooth on the bottom left side and it had the biggest spur on it she had ever seen. That is the one that I saw :(
The other side his teeth had awful spurs and were very loose. Around 3 of them have come out. Thankfully there was no sign of infection, but he will need regular dentals from now on. None of us can believe that he was able to eat anything with his mouth in such a state. It just proves what a fighter he is :love:

Emmy Lou's teeth were strange, they didn't really have many spurs but were really long, pushing her jaw apart. Christine said it was hard to see where one tooth ended and the other one started, she also commented on how old she must be from the condition of her teeth.

I am just so grateful that they are Ok even if they still have a lot of recovering to do. I have never been so worried about anything in my life. I cant wait to get them home and give them a cuddle :love:

keepingmesane
25-03-2009, 03:37 PM
fantastic news, hope they both have a restful evening xxx

angeleyes
25-03-2009, 03:43 PM
Yaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy I am so happy, they have both made it through. Emmy Lou is up and about and Moses is still a bit sleepy at the moment :):):)

I need to ring again at 3.30 and hopefully should be able to pick them up afterwards. They will need a bit of time to recover as they have both had pretty major work done. They have already been given fluids and pain relief :)

Moses teeth were in a terrible state, don't think Christine had ever seen anything so bad. He only had one tooth on the bottom left side and it had the biggest spur on it she had ever seen. That is the one that I saw :(
The other side his teeth had awful spurs and were very loose. Around 3 of them have come out. Thankfully there was no sign of infection, but he will need regular dentals from now on. None of us can believe that he was able to eat anything with his mouth in such a state. It just proves what a fighter he is :love:

Emmy Lou's teeth were strange, they didn't really have many spurs but were really long, pushing her jaw apart. Christine said it was hard to see where one tooth ended and the other one started, she also commented on how old she must be from the condition of her teeth.

I am just so grateful that they are Ok even if they still have a lot of recovering to do. I have never been so worried about anything in my life. I cant wait to get them home and give them a cuddle :love:

Thats great news Liz :D xx

raine
25-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Good news at last Liz. What a relief. Hoping they both continue to improve.

elaine35uk
25-03-2009, 03:58 PM
YAAAAAAAY, had to nip back on and see how they were doing. Filled up again when I read they're okay :p:p xx

Jack's-Jane
25-03-2009, 04:00 PM
phew !!! :D

KateB
25-03-2009, 04:39 PM
phew !!! :D

Indeed.

So pleased:D

sidereus7
25-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Yay!!! I am so happy for you and Moses and Emmy Lou and the wonderful OH. Such happy and lucky buns :love:

Maizey
25-03-2009, 05:14 PM
I'm so happy for you Liz.Sending speedy recovery vibes Moses and Emmy Lou's way xxxxxxx

Hugo's There
25-03-2009, 07:13 PM
My babies are home :D:D:D:D:love:

Emmy Lou is very bright and eating well.

Moses is a little shellshocked but is looking better than I had hoped. I will be happy when I see him munching. Think I will let him have night off from his bandages. I am so proud of him :love::love:

Maizey
25-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Im so happy for you Liz.Sending eating vibes dear little Moses way

louise and Gus
25-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Yaay yaay yaay :D :D :D :D

Santa
25-03-2009, 08:45 PM
Oh I'm so pleased that they are both home safe and well :) Fingers crossed they start eating and pooping again very soon :D

Hugo's There
25-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Thank you :wave::D:D

bridget
25-03-2009, 10:03 PM

Moses is a little shellshocked but is looking better than I had hoped. I will be happy when I see him munching. Think I will let him have night off from his bandages. I am so proud of him :love::love:

What a kind sweet person you are!

I'm so happy they're ok. Little fighters they are bless them both x

tracy08
25-03-2009, 10:05 PM
woohoo your doing a fab job hun xxx

angeleyes
25-03-2009, 11:44 PM

Wow thats brilliant news Liz, how are they doing now? x

Bunnyx
25-03-2009, 11:57 PM
Thats fantastic news:D:D x x

purplebumble
26-03-2009, 03:08 AM
Ive posted on my thread about casper to your buns..lol ive found this one working so here it is

Liz im sooo happy for you ...wow what a determined bun moses is..and emmy lou!! fancy her teeth being so close together like that:shock:

casper says "hi liz...fank u for noserubs xx..hi moses and emmy lou..teefs is awful isnt they..and hurt so much.....enjoy your rest wifout bandages moses. and hope you is both eatings soon..like i is trying to..casper.xx"

lets see some eatings and poopings guys;):love:

i know how relieved you must be feeling liz and mine was with only one bun:shock:

now for the aftercare.....;)

foofoo
26-03-2009, 03:40 AM
Thats great news :D Hope they both continue to do well x

Hugo's There
26-03-2009, 02:30 PM
Wow thats brilliant news Liz, how are they doing now? x

Emmy Lou is fine, her and Bertie moved back outside this morning.

Moses is eating although he seems to be finding it a struggle. His teeth are banging together and making an awful noise. He sounds like an old man with the wrong false teeth in! I don't think he is use to his teeth being able to come together properly. He still seems a little traumatised by the whole thing, but over all I think he is doing really well :)

giantbunnymummy
26-03-2009, 02:42 PM
I'm so glad things are looking better for Moses!