• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grooming Tips

Mr Cookie Bun

Mama Doe
What's the best types of brush/comb for rabbits? I've got a lionhead (hardly any mane) and a nethie. I think the brush I've got is called a slicker brush and I've got one that's like a babies brush. Neither of them are any use on Cookie just now - any tips to making him look a bit better?

I'm not sure about the lionhead, but for the nethie you really can't beat a lightly damp rubber glove! Just put it on and stroke him. Failing that a slight gentle plucking of his fur is very effective.You'll be amazed at how much comes out:D

I have buns with long hair and use an array of brushes..

Mat Rake
Thinning Comb
Wide Toothed Comb
Slicker Brush
Cats Flea Comb

I start with the rake or the wide toothed comb on mats oand gradually reduce to the cats flea comb once knots are out, using the thinning comb to cut out mats.

I got most of mine off ebay. There is a lot of choice so you can see what sorts of combs and brushes are available and judge which could be best.

I also use small animal grooming powder to help reduce static.

The difficult part is getting the little monkeys to sit still :lol:

Back