• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tips for litter training

ulsterchick

Young Bun
Hi
Appologies if this is in the wrong place!
I have a blind lop called Lucy, she's 3 years approx. She was given to me before Christmas, her owners felt she was too much work! :roll:
Since getting her I have realised she finds it hard to stay warm outside. She seems to get confused as to were shelter is.Can find food anywhere though!!
I brought her inside a couple of weeks ago she lives in a converted dog crate, I would ideally like to litter train her. So far all my attempts have failed and my husband is getting fed up with about the continual smell even though I change her daily (sometimes twice daily!)
Any tips would be greatfully received. I was also wondering can I put her outside when the days are dry or if we get a summer this year! :lol:
Hope this all makes sense
Clare

I am not sure how well it will work with a blind bunny but I little box trained Julie and my previous bunny in a few hours. You may need more than one box that she can get to easily. I put her in the litter box along with a little food to munch on. I stayed with her and when ever she would poo else where, I gentle put her in the litter box with the poo ( also soaked up any pee and put it in the box too.) When she did her business in the box I gave her lots and lots of praise. When ever she was out I would work with her in this way. She caught on very fast. Also place her litter boxes in the areas that she tends to go to the bathroom in.

As the earlier post, if you put her poos in the tray, then lift her into the tray and put some hay infront of her.

Thats what i had to do with my boy when he got ill and forgot where his litter tray was!

Back