• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes needed please :o(

lynda_m

Warren Veteran
My poor Bertie is in the vets :(

I knew he wasn't right this morning when he didn't come for his food.

Gave him some fibreplex and he was still no better so my OH took him to the vets this afternoon.

Vet says he has stasis and is very poorly.

They have him in for x-rays now and they're going to call to say if he can come home soon.

They told my OH to prepare ourselves for the worst :cry::cry::cry:

Thanks for the vibes people.

He's back home now, in the indoor cage with his brother for the night.

Vet showed me the xray and says he has an infraction in the tummy which is not as serious as stasis but still pretty serious and he's a poorly boy.

He's given me some science recovery to feed him 70-100mls before bed tonight then again I think in the morning if he's still not right.

He's had about 30 mls so far and will give him some more in a bit.

Not too sure if there's anything else I can do for him, tried rubbing his tum but he didn't seem to like it although it did make some bubbling noises, is this good or bad?

Anyone got any ideas of things I can do to help him?

We've got to go back to the vets tomorrow night but also just been told that my OH's Grandma has been rushed in to hospital tonight... It never rains eh?!

Lynda only just seen this...poor Bertie:(
Glad he is back home..did the vet give him pain killer?
Apart from that keep him warm and continue with the syringe feeds..
Will keep fingers crossed for him xx

Thanks everyone.

I'm going to give him some more syringe food now and will give him a tummy rub too.

Jill the vet gave him some pain killer, gut stimulant and something else, we saw John at Birstall, he was really good.

Sending get well vibes for your poorly Bertie, and some comforting ones for you. It's so stressful when our bunsters get sick. Thinking of you.

Thanks Hilda.

It's hard work this syringe feeding, he's only taking about 20mls at a time and i'm not convinced he's eating it all, I think he's spitting some out.

Tummy still feels VERY inflated and is very hard and hollow sounding, I think he's getting a bit fed up of me as we're going to him every half hour or so to try again. A lot of the stuff is in his fur round his mouth, he looks a sorry state bless him.

Fingers crossed he's ok in the night

Back