• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I take Strawbs to the vet?

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
2 weeks ago when Strawbs saw the vet she said he had some small spurs on one side that might need doing soon. He has gone completly off his hay but is still eating everythiung else.

Just got home from work and noticed he still has a few pellets left from this morning (only a few but its not like him) and he seems to be eating slower than usual. He also grunted at me when I went to greet him.

Should I take him to the vets tonight? If he does need a dental I cant take him tomorrow or friday as I need to leave home at 7.15 am and the vets dont open till 8. I would have to try and find a different vet nearer my work that could do it.

He is bright in himself I have given him some carrot and some fenugreek crunchies which he has eaten and is still binkying everywhere. Will he be ok to wait till monday to have them done?

I would take him. Honey has some small spurs and they need checking in a few months. They said if she's dribling, off her food or eating slower to take her back in.

My vets close at 6pm so I think I will take him tomorrow. He is currently trashing my house and seems to be eating ok, just a little slower so he should be ok till then. I am not sure where this grunting thing has come from, he has been doing it for a few days and was really loud earlier!

Back