• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonded buns fighting

tan_gerine

New Kit
Hi
I am hoping for some advice about my bonded bunnies that have started viciously fighting, but first some background info:

I've got two female bunnies (un-neutered, they have an appointment to be done next week) about 9 months old. I got them at the same time and have had them both since they were babies. They are kept outside in a hutch/run, and I bring them in to play in the house in the evenings after work. They have always been good friends, no fighting, lots of cuddling and grooming.

On Monday night they dug out of their run and escaped. I found one on Tuesday morning, and the other on Wednesday morning, both unharmed. As soon as I put the 2nd bunny back in their run/hutch, they attacked eachother and I have not been able to put them together since. At the moment, I've got them both in my entry porch (a very small room) divided by a wire fence to keep them apart. They are even trying to nip eachother (unsuccessfully) through the wire fence.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Is there hope of them ever being bonded again considering they have been quite violent towards eachother today?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Jess

I would advise keeping them separate now until they are both spayed. Then give it a few weeks for their hormones to die down before re-introducing them to one another in a COMPLETELY NEUTRAL place. Sounds like they've had a teenage-girlie falling out! :shock:

There are lots of threads on here about bonding and rebonding which will help you. Failing that your local rescue may be able to help.

I would advise keeping them separate now until they are both spayed. Then give it a few weeks for their hormones to die down before re-introducing them to one another in a COMPLETELY NEUTRAL place. Sounds like they've had a teenage-girlie falling out! :shock:

There are lots of threads on here about bonding and rebonding which will help you. Failing that your local rescue may be able to help.

I would advise this too:)

Totally agree with this

Back