• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Couple of questions

Amandabwfc

Warren Scout
Hi Guys just wondered if anyone could help me a bit.

1. With the nice weather we have been having my 2 outdoor buns have begun to moult, and i saw a few poos with fur in. Is brushing them a good idea and also what kind of brush.

2. Spotted a bit of white kind of thick wee.... to much calcium i know..... they eat loads of hay, few pallets, greens, broccoli, tiny amount of carrot and the occasional herb.... should i cut down on anything.

thanks

Hi Guys just wondered if anyone could help me a bit.

1. With the nice weather we have been having my 2 outdoor buns have begun to moult, and i saw a few poos with fur in. Is brushing them a good idea and also what kind of brush.

Hi I'd definitely do some grooming - I'd use a gentle slicker brush - cat's one would be good.

2. Spotted a bit of white kind of thick wee.... to much calcium i know..... they eat loads of hay, few pallets, greens, broccoli, tiny amount of carrot and the occasional herb.... should i cut down on anything.

If the thick wee is yellowy/white and leaves white stains then yes, I would cut down on the high calcium veg like greens/broccoli - these being two of the worst offenders. Other ones to reduce/avoid would be carrot tops in quantity, parsley, savoy, spinach

thanks
:D

Try using a soft slicker brush - you can buy from Wilkos for cats... and give them some pineapple.. fresh not dried. I just buy a whole pineapple and chop them a couple of pieces up and mix with their veg..

Although not proven it is supposed to help break down hair in the gut - and if they are pooing the hair out this must be better than you seeing no hair meaning it is staying in the stomach.

Calcium wise - I know some veg has calcium and some pellets are higher ni calcium than others - I have found a link to a list of fruit/veg with calcium content here; http://www.chimere.org/piggies/vitc.html

hope this helps :wave:

Back