• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

okay another qq please re Star getting sprayed ...

happypreso

Alpha Buck
Star at the mo, lives with Bugsy. Bugsy got the chop before Christmas, Star has had 2 litters so Bugs was living on his own when he had the operation.

Anyway, my question is what do I do re the bonding Star & Bugs have? I am assuming that Star will need to be on her own after her operation ... is this right? Also, the setup at the mo, is that star & bugs have a double hutch and free run of the garden. Will Star be okay in the double hutch? Or should I move the blind buns in there and let Star have the single hutch (and sort out another hutch for Bugs?) Also how much room should she have whilst resting?

so much to think about! Thank you x x

I would keep the blind buns in a single tier hutch as if they are not familiar with ramps, they could fall down.

Mum will need to be kept indoors for 48 hours following the op to maintain her body temp, and should be kept alone until her stiches come out :)

I use a small indoor cage following ops so they cannot tear their stiches/over exercise (if that makes sense!)

Back