• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is it normal for neutered does to hump neutered bucks so vigorously?

Rabbers

Mama Doe
I have a 6 year old neutered male and female pair. The female keeps humping the male very vigorously recently - its never been this bad that i can remember. The boy has scratches and a bald patch now on his back :cry: previuosly I'd put it down to her exerting her dominance. I got them two years ago.

Is this normal? or is it possible that she hasn't actually been neutered?

It is possible - vet can do a scan to find out (upwards of £60 I think) or you could contact the people you got them from. My bun had an incomplete spay - she was humpy & having phantom pregnancies, so I had her spayed again!!

Other than that - spring has sprung & my buns get arsey with each other more often at this time of year:D

maybe that's just it - she's getting a bit humpy!!!

I'll ask the vet next time I'm there or if i think this is getting a bit too much.

I just hate to see the male get so bitten etc. I really do feel for him!!

Thanks

I have had my two males castrated and they have begun humping, okay but they are humping the wrong end is this normal or do i seek counselling for them?:lol:
Diane

The same with my buns

I have a similar problem. A Male and female both spayed but they have both been humping each other much more recently. It is distressing as the Male Binky has now got a bald patch on the back of his head where I think Smudge the female is holding on to.

It's not bleeding or red or scratched but I do worry about it getting worse, and hurting him.

My female bunny does this too. She was definately spayed though. I think its just the spring in the air. She makes nests too and has a little bald patch in her tummy. :roll:

My female bunny humps my male buns head every evening around tea-time. She goes at it vigorously and he just sits there enjoying it :roll:

Back