• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding in the car

Becki xX

Warren Veteran
Cannot believe I am asking this :roll: If the buns your attempting to bond are both really travel sick, and tolerated each other in the car because they were too stressed to do anything other - would they just have it out once back 'on land' as if they'd not been together in the car? :?

I've always started the bonding in the carrier, either in the actual car or just walking around with the carrier, and haven't ever had a problem after transferring them to a pen to continue with the bonding. Yes, there might be a bit of chasing around, humping and even minor nipping but that would happen anyway I expect.

i started bonded 2 in the car,they was fine in the car,led down next to each other ect,but there was fighting when we got back,but saying that it only took 1 week to bond them after that so i think it did help having them in the car together.

I usually start a bond in a carrier and just walked them about the house with me for a few hours and then transfer them into a neutral indoor cage for the next 2-3 days. Usually if they will tolerate each other in the carrier they will eventually learn to tolerate each other in the cage and then in their new home.

I've only had three pairs I couldn't even safely get in a carrier together as the aggression was instant.

Back