• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can two females be as happy as a male and female?

stampz

Warren Scout
Morning all,

Also posting this on B&B

Been thinking lately that as much as I love Lola and Mimi maybe they are not as happy as they should be, which is something I hate to think...

Don't get me wrong they seem perfectly content and they love each others company, always grooming each other, flopping together etc, I'm just worried that maybe they would prefer to have a couple of husbuns.

So that's the question really....do any of our resident experts know if two females will be as happy with each others company as they would be with another male....or should I consider getting them both a husbun and risk upsetting the bond?

Oh, we were told by the rescue that they are sisters...not sure if thats makes any difference...

i've never kept a male and female together, but i have two brothers and they adore each other and have such a close bond so i think siblings can be just as happy. :)

If they are grooming each other and sit next to each other all the time then I think their bond sounds perfect. Sometimes two same sex rabbits will live together without having a very strong bond, but it doesn't sound like the case here. If they are well bonded leave them together :)

Back