• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mosquito netting help please

oscarbunny

Warren Veteran
I am trying to do everything I can to minimise the risk of my bunnies contracting myxi again, so can anyone reccommend a really good fly net, and where I can buy one. I want to cover all the mesh parts of the hutch and run with it.

Thanks in advance.

I boughta pack of black mosquito netting from ebay and it comes with sticky-backed velco which you attach to the wooden part of the hutch and the netting and then all you have to do is press it on. It's very cheap. Another cheap option is to use old net curtains.

Sorry I'm no good at doing those links but if you look on ebay you will find mosquito net screens for windows which have stick on velcro fastenings which look good for the hutch and you can get a pop up "tent style" net which might be suitable for a run depending on the size. Good luck.

aldi and lidl sell mosquito nets for windows and doors. They come with sticky velcro and only cost around £2.99. That's what I use on the shed door. For the runs I bought a child's gazebo and put it up over the runs.

I got mine from Lidl too (black or white), cheaper than what I found on ebay. We used a staple gun to put them on last spring and they are still OK now.

Back