• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help I'm worried my buns are going to start fighting

emsie_81

Young Bun
Hello :wave:

My two buns have been acting rather odd the last couple of weeks. They are growling at each other and chasing. I don't know whats causing it and i'm getting more and more worried that they are going to start fighting. :(

They've been bonded almost 3 months now. Both are neutered but holly was only done just before we got her, just before christmas. Holly has been suffering with a bad facial abcess pretty much since we got her but it is finally gone now and she has been off all medication for 2 weeks now.

Nothing has changed that could have set them off. I thought with Holly not being spayed very long it might be 'spring fever' but it seems quite extreme and isnt stopping! At first it seemed like it was Holly that was initiating things but now its definately Herm. They are better when they are free ranging (they are house bunnies), it seems to be mostly first thing in a morning and when i shut them in for the night. I did wonder if it could be food related but it only started couple of weeks ago and once they have their noses in their bowls they are fine, they even share the same veg bowl happily. :?

Sorry for the long post but if anyone has any suggestions what could be causing it or what i can do to try get them to kiss and make up i'd be ever so grateful. I don't want them to end up fighting, Holly is almost twice Herm's size and he has no incisors :shock: And i really don't want to have to split them, poor Holly has been through so much and it took us months and months to find Hermy a suitable girlfriend.

Please help!

I have read sveral people are having similar probs - and my 6 buns have had a fall out too...

I think it is spring time mayhem as in the wild, spring is when the warren re-establishes the heirachy, and changes the top buns - meaning underlings challenging top buns and fighting them for their status.

I am hoping it is this in all cases - or there is something in the water making many buns aggitated!

Back