• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I need a new home for Alfie

Emma B1

New Kit
Hello everyone. this is my first time on the rabbit forum and unfortunatly its a sad story I have. My lion head Alfie has lived indoors with me for 7 months now and unfortunatly due to circumstances beyond my control, I am not at home alot and because of this I feel that alfie is getting very lonely and neglected, as much as I dont want to be! I have had pets all my life and feel very sad to be trying to rehome him but its for his best interests as i just want him to be happier. I am not sure where to start as I dont want him going to just anyone and I would like to find him a loving home and some one who can give him the attention i cannot do anymore. He has been castrated and he is a little cheeky chappy who is always binking all over.

Can anyone who does read this please help. I live in newark which is in nottinghamshire, and very close to lincoln or grantham if any one knows of any good rehoming projects?

Thank you for anyone reading this and take care x

Last edited:
I live in Newark too so might be able to help out if you are desperate.

Pm me and I will offer some advice.

You need to pm SOAD if you want to put your bunny up for rehoming. If the only reason you are rehoming him is because you think he is lonely then why not get him a friend for when you are out.

You need to pm SOAD if you want to put your bunny up for rehoming. If the only reason you are rehoming him is because you think he is lonely then why not get him a friend for when you are out.

Ive just done the same for my bun.I want to spend more time with my hubby as hes going through a rough patch at the moment so decided to get B a friend.Best thing I ever did because our new addition is helping my hubbys stress levels too.

Please adopt another bunny as a friend for your current rabbit inistead of rehoming! It has several perks... you can keep your current bunny, give a new home to a bunny who is waiting. The bunnies will keep each other company too! Plus no matter how much time you spend with your bunny, a rabbit will always want another rabbit to talk to as they can understand the language and play bunny games rather than human to bunny games!!

I have just had a call from my RSPCA this morning that I will be getting a homecheck either tonight or sunday morning for adopting a new bunny to my current bunny. As even though my bunny is very happy, I work during the day and nobody wants to be lonely all that time.

Please consider adopting a new bunny!!!

I totally agree.

I used to feel so guilty leaving Lola but now I know she ahs a lady friend, I know she is not so loney and seeing them both together makes em smile so much!

thank you you everyone for your messages. I am wanting the best for little alfie and i will be considering all factors.. I am not at home alot at the moment so will seriously have to think about getting another bunny but i am so confused about what to do for the best. I will keep you all posted x

I would think of rehoming as being a very distant option :)
Why not adopt another bunny for a rescue?
You wouldn't need to feel guilty about leaving him and he'd love the company.
Plus you'd give a home to an abused/neglected bun!

a new friend

please keep in mind that bunnies do not always take to each other. I have five rabbits to do not get on with another two and have to live separately and they do not get on with another one who also lives separately. So although getting a new bun may sound good consider what you would do if they dont get along.

please keep in mind that bunnies do not always take to each other. I have five rabbits to do not get on with another two and have to live separately and they do not get on with another one who also lives separately. So although getting a new bun may sound good consider what you would do if they dont get along.

Wise words!

Back