• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Grunting Noises??

Chrisy1977

New Kit
What are the strange grunting noises Lulu makes when I go to lift her? Are they threatening? Does it mean she's scared?? Anyone know?

Hahaha, my rabbit grunts every time I lift him. He's a very vocal bunny, and that's his way of saying, "I don't like this! Put me down, vile wench!" And I just scoop him up against my chest and say, "I know you don't like me, but it's time to do __________"

I try to only pick him up when I absolutely have to. He really dislikes having his bunny feet off the ground, so I try and respect that. But the grunting is so cute! :lol:

mmm is lulu spayed? whether she is or not a bun grunting is basically saying..oi..you..pack it in right or im gonna knock yer block off:lol:

grunts then grunts n nudges then...RUN:shock::lol:

i love it when they have a paddy and you can hear them muttering as well:lol:

:lol::lol::lol: My Julie does a soft grunt when she is happy or excited. She hates to be picked up also but she whimpers when I pick her up. I try only to pick her up when necessary but funny thing is if I put her harness on first then she acts like she doesn't mind being picked up or even carried somewhere. Not sure but maybe she knows when she is wearing the harness that she will be picked up. She has to wear the harness even for the vet.

Our first bun Parsley didn't just grunt she growled loudly and on a regular basis :lol: Generally it was because she hated being picked up and it was fear. She was a beast :evil: took chunks out of my legs and would run and dive then sink her claws into the nearest leg!!! We soon learned to only pick her up when really necessary but she adored cuddles and noserubs and would come and sit with us nudging us for fuss:love: Our two dogs and two cats were frightened silly, especially when she chased them!

Back