• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am I doing the right thing?

kerry-123

Mama Doe
Joey is quite a handful, and I know fine rightly he isn't getting the excercise he deserves. He's very active and hyper (and yes he has been neutered) Scooch is much more shy and reserved. It's took me ages to bond with him and he only really trusts me. When they were younger and living together I think Joey scared him because he was always running around so much, now if he see's anything sudden he flinches. That's why I think even though Joey's neutered now they might not bond properly, because they have suuucchh different temperments, me and my mum arethinking about rehoming Joey to a house more suited. My brother knows a man called Allan who has a huge back garden and has a big hutch for him (our hutch is a good size but the bigger the better).
Scooch can just sit in your lap and hop around for a while whereas Joey is bouncing off the walls! And I think he would really prefer the setting of Allan's house compared to mine. And his mother is in the house alot so he would not only have plenty of excercise but more attention.
I mean I would miss little Joey but I think I need to put my feeling aside and do what's best for him. I fee like a terrible owner but he is so much to handle and I just want the little guy to be as happy as he can be.

Last edited:
It's always a really hard decision to make, and only you know what the right choice is.

All i can say is that it's great that you're putting the bun's needs before your own and the other home does sound great.

Good luck with whatever you decide :)

It's always a really hard decision to make, and only you know what the right choice is.

All i can say is that it's great that you're putting the bun's needs before your own and the other home does sound great.

Good luck with whatever you decide :)

Thanks it's hard knowing your bun would be happier elsewhere but I need to think of him

He could just be a naturally nervous bunny. He may be the same at his new home - and you need to check what they would do with him if they decided not to keep him because of his jumpiness/lack of interest in fuss/humans etc.

It may not seem it but he will have bonded with you and your other bun to an extent as you are what he knows - it's just in a different way to how your other bun reacts to you/his surroundings. Could you get him a wife to play with and snuggle with?

Some nervous buns are even more scared when given wide open spaces to play in - as they rely on security and routine, which could be why anything sudden sets him off. If this is the case a big garden could still scare him. I know you wouldn't want to make his nervous disposition any worse - and you don't know the answer to this unless you try it. I have a few buns like this but they are 100 times better than they used to be, given time and a suitable companion. I do have to bear in mind not to be clumsy and drop bowls :oops: etc in their presence as otherwise they do bounce off the walls - but they do enjoy their lives and although they are not all fuss buns - I accept this and feel flattered by receiving a nose nudge on the ankle!

Does your bunny seem unhappy or is he just a flibberdy jibbert as I call em!

I hope you get him sorted and he becomes a really happy bunny :)

Oh I forget to say that opposite bunny temperaments can be a good thing. A calm serene bun helps to chill a jumpy bunny. One has to be submissive for the bond to work - more with 2 boys)

Last edited:
He could just be a naturally nervous bunny. He may be the same at his new home - and you need to check what they would do with him if they decided not to keep him because of his jumpiness/lack of interest in fuss/humans etc.

It may not seem it but he will have bonded with you and your other bun to an extent as you are what he knows - it's just in a different way to how your other bun reacts to you/his surroundings. Could you get him a wife to play with and snuggle with?

Some nervous buns are even more scared when given wide open spaces to play in - as they rely on security and routine, which could be why anything sudden sets him off. If this is the case a big garden could still scare him. I know you wouldn't want to make his nervous disposition any worse - and you don't know the answer to this unless you try it. I have a few buns like this but they are 100 times better than they used to be, given time and a suitable companion. I do have to bear in mind not to be clumsy and drop bowls :oops: etc in their presence as otherwise they do bounce off the walls - but they do enjoy their lives and although they are not all fuss buns - I accept this and feel flattered by receiving a nose nudge on the ankle!

Does your bunny seem unhappy or is he just a flibberdy jibbert as I call em!

I hope you get him sorted and he becomes a really happy bunny :)

Oh I forget to say that opposite bunny temperaments can be a good thing. A calm serene bun helps to chill a jumpy bunny. One has to be submissive for the bond to work - more with 2 boys)

Um Joey isn't the nervous rabbit Scooch is and it's Joey that we are possbily rehoming he is very bouncy and boisterous

Back