• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trip to the vets!

SisterMoonbeam

Mama Doe
Well i have a full itinerary for the vets to book for me tomorrow. Fidget will be going in to check her health and so i can ask about her weight and see whether the vet thinks she is underweight and what he can suggest. Thought i may aswell get her myxi booster done at the same time as its due soon.

Frankie will also be going in for myxi and for a health/post-neuter check and to have my vet look at his eye cause i'm not convinced it only needs bathing everyday think he may need further treatment AND i'm going to ask them to clip his nails and show me how to do it as i'm wussing out cause they are black! :lol:

Good job i have some pennies saved!

I've been quoted £95 for a health check and vax for 2 rabbits and a nail clip for one :shock:

I know vets can be pricey but is that about right? LOL

That might be a bit pricey.

A health check is usually £20 then about £20 per vaccination. Clipping the nails should be free if you've already paid for the consult! So I make that about £60. Maybe £80 if they've booked you in for a double appointment.

The nail clipping is £30!

Last time i went we got a health check included in the price for the vax. Then again this was a quote from the receptionist on the spot and she just broke down all the individual prices:

£33 consultation
£32 for both jabs
£30 for nail clipping

So maybe some of that will be included, but i'm not sure

Well i have changed the appointment to just the vaccinations as i have a vet nurse friend who kindly offered to help me with Frankie's nails (good job too as he drew blood this morning :lol:) I didn'tt get charged s consult last time fidget had her vax and she did get a health check so i'm not sure. Will be taking lots of monies with me anyway just in case :lol:

The nail clipping is £30!

Last time i went we got a health check included in the price for the vax. Then again this was a quote from the receptionist on the spot and she just broke down all the individual prices:

£33 consultation
£32 for both jabs
£30 for nail clipping

So maybe some of that will be included, but i'm not sure

:shock::shock::shock: £30 pound for nail clipping????:shock::shock::shock:
How on earth can they justify that????

Back