• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Buns

Princess Jess*

Warren Scout
P1000279.jpg

P1000211.jpg

This is marmite

P1000215.jpg

This is Minka

P1000277.jpg

The 2 love birds :)

They make a cut couple :love:

out of interest..Marmte and Minka seem to have love at first sight as they sniff eachother through the pen all the time...does this mean they will be easier to bond? xxx

O no!!! :shock: Marmite escaped his pen today and spotted Minka and started humping her!!! She look petrified!!

She is 13 weeks old :( feel really awful now!!! He's been neutered just over 2 weeks...so she can't be pregnant can she? I pulled him off within seconds!! xx

O no!!! :shock: Marmite escaped his pen today and spotted Minka and started humping her!!! She look petrified!!

She is 13 weeks old :( feel really awful now!!! He's been neutered just over 2 weeks...so she can't be pregnant can she? I pulled him off within seconds!! xx

Unfortunately there is a good chance she is pregnant, males remain fertile for up to 6 weeks. I wouldnt risk putting them back in the runs at the same time incase you are lucky this time and she hasnt been caught. Hes escaped once he will try again. All you can do now is wait and see im afraid. They are both gorgeous by the way.

Can she really get pregnant @ 13 weeks!!?!?!?!

It is possible. Tinkerbell in the picture on my signature was pregnant about about 12 - 14 weeks old :(

I would be hopeful that Marmite is no longer fertile as opinions seem to vary and 6 weeks is a cautious 'just make absolutely sure' figure. I remember someone on the forum being worried about similar (buck was neutered about 2 1/2 weeks in the case I recall) but the doe didn't get pregnant. Definitely don't take any risks for a few weeks though.

If Minka was a little older an emergency spay could be an option sadly she's not old enough.

Sending 'not pregnant' vibes. (Your bunnies are gorgeous by the way)

Thank you so much :) I hope to go she's not!!! It sounds grouse...but as soon as I grabbed him off of her...I checked her to see if she could be wet from him and she wasn't...would she be if had released any sperm?

Back