• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Benjy has a new wifey - Bunny no. 8 has arrived !

Rykat

Mama Doe
Hi all :wave:

Apologies if this isn't the right place to put this post but I just wanted to come on and give you my new news .... please say a big hello to "Opal"

Oval1.jpg

As you may have read, I sadly lost Flopsy a few weeks ago and poor Benjy hasn't been happy on his own. I had unsuccessfully tried to bond him with May (single n,f) and everything was fine until I tried them in a crate together where she just flew at him. In the end I admitted defeat and started searching for a new wifey for Benjy. I'm a volunteer homechecker for the Wallasey branch of the RSPCA and on Friday I went to drop some forms off and went to have a "bunny fix" as I usually do ... well that was fatal ... all the bunnies were cute but I fell for a female Himalayan cross. I gave her a cudle and she snuggled into my neck ... well that was it, I was smitten. Her story is she's been at the RSPCA for a few months after being found as a stray. She's approximately 2/3yrs old (same as Benjy) and is already spayed and vaccinated for Myxi. Although she's been vet checked before adoption she's going to our vets for a check and her VHD jab tomorrow.

Her name was Oval (Ovaltine!) but at the moment I'm calling her Opal. This may change as her character comes out.

At the moment I've swapped bunnies and cages around and she's in the cage that Benjy was which will still have his scent, then in a few days I'll swap them over and then attempt the bonding. Be prepared for "eek" threads ! :lol:

Anyway, will post an update in a few days but for now will leave you with some more pix of the gorgeous girly :love:

Oval3.jpg
Oval4.jpg

Oval5.jpg

Back