• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my rabbit has had babies. please help

hiya...can someone help me...i have three rabbits. i thought all were girls. when i got up this morning and went out to feed them i found that their were baby rabbits in the hutch. i have found which rabbit is the male and seperated him. but i cannot tell which of the other two rabbits is the mother to the bunnies. have picked them both up and both have nipples showing. is it ok to levae both of the female rabbits in the hutch with the baby rabbits? please let me know thanks.

One of the does would have plucked hair check their legs and bellys. One of the does will havew a slightly swollen belly as well. The two does should be ok for a few days till you see whos the mum. Check as well the colour of the hair plucked this may give you a clue as well. The chances are that the other day will be pregnant as well. The doe that has had the babys may in a months time have another litter as well. val

also is one of them bleeding a little. I have this and had to seperate both females and male as i have 3 week old kits and 4 days old kits, The girls may need their own hutch. But it depends on your rabbits and the hutch too

Unfortunately the female who gave birth will more than likely be pregnant again, as the male was in with her when she gave birth. If shes pregnant again, she will give birth 28 days after the last birth :(

I dont know how you'd know who was the mum, ive never had babies so cant help there... someone will be along soon :) I would feed mum a little more food though. I dont think the other female will harm the babies, she will probably give birth soon too :?

You could get the male neutered, to prevent any more unwanted litters :)

Back