• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What would you do? Need your advice :o)

Becky86

Wise Old Thumper
As the title says really... i want your opinions guys :)

As you all know i have Ronnie and Lola, who im having trouble to bond :( Ronnie has been a house bunny since ive had him... hes basically like a dog. Lola has been indoors since weve had her but she has a dog crate, and half of the lounge.

The will lie side by side through a mesh divide, but as soon as i put them together, all hell breaks loose. Lola ended up at the vets the first time i tried as Ronnie had tore a large piece of her fur out and the skin was just... hanging :( Blood everywhere kinda thing :? Ive also tried to bond the 'slow' way by putting them down the shed for 10 mins a time, on the 1st and 2nd day this was fine, but come to the 3rd day and Lola wasnt even giving Ronnie a chance! She was lunging at him immediately.

Ive tried them together this afternoon in a run on the grass outside... they were fine for 5 mins, as they hadnt seen each other, they were too busy munching grass. As soon as Lola saw Ronnie, she races at him with her tail in the air :?

So this is where im stuck :(

I can either....

A - Send the bunnies away to be bonded. Id send to Fat Fluffs :D Although Ronnie doesnt travel well, even when hes going to boarding which is 2 mins away... FF is about 35 mins away :? So not sure it would work... as i dont want to make Ronnie ill.

B - Put Lola down the shed and keep Ronnie as a house bunny, this would mean Lola would need a friend, but Ronnie would be kept as a single house bunny.

Or... any other suggestions? :(

Im at my wits end. I know it isnt me as ive got 2 buns here at the minute, and ive bonded them fine. Had them since this morning, and theyre now asleep side by side :? Please dont suggest i try and bond them myself again, and please do not shout at me. Im only trying to do the best for both Ronnie, and Lola.

Personally I would leave them side by side swapping litter trays & also swapping who's in whos space for a couple of months & then bring them over here for bonding. If they've been scrapping they they are probably really annoyed at each other & it's never a good idea to bond in that situation. If you bring them over it could be a couple of days to a week with us either with myself, chloe, abi or vickie or you might find that time appart was all they needed & it works straight off.

If it isn't love at first sight, we tried with chloe lawless buns last week & in that case we were not really sucessful. We could have got them together eventually but we & chloe decided to try and find a new wife for paddy which was an almost perfect bond. My 4 in the siggi were a very difficult bond, it took a week to get them "ok" & three sleepless nights. they could not be unsupervised during that time. It took a month before they could go back into unneutral space & we still had odd spats but only a bit of humping & fur pulling. Two months later & they are bonded. If it hadn't been for the fact that panda was facing a life by himself in rescuehaving attacked all other bunnies & humans I probably would have chickened out BUT it was worth it & goes to show that even the most unpromising (& we are talking serious fighting) bonding can work.

Thanks Lucy :) Abi has offered to do the bonding for me... so i know it isnt a problem - you girls are amazing!

We already swap fleeces, toys etc... we have also tried changing areas, this doesnt work too well as its carpet in the lounge, and Lola poos/wees all over the side Ronnie has been on :(

The only thing im worried about, is Ronnie travelling :? Hes going for his vaccs in 2 weeks so i shall see how he travels then. If hes ok, i'll arrange with you, abi and chloe a suitable time for them to come to you guys.

Its such ashame as the shed is sitting empty xXx

When my two boys were bonded they had a terrible fight at home. We let them live side by side for 2 weeks swapping things over. Then they went to Vickies at fatfluffs to be bonded. It was a long drive over for my pair and I wouldnt take them as far again but they bonded fairly easily and Vicki was great with them both!

Go down the Fat Fluffs route and if that doesn't work get Lola a friend. I've got exactly the same situation with my two. They live side by side but separated not ideal but they do have each other for company when I am out.

Id keep them as single house buns, but the set up isnt no where near ideal :? And... we have spent nearly £600 on the shed, run and everything down the garden for them.

:) xXx

Id keep them as single house buns, but the set up isnt no where near ideal :? And... we have spent nearly £600 on the shed, run and everything down the garden for them.

:) xXx

Might be a good idea to make use of the shed if they dont bond and get Lola a boyfriend. I only spent £60.00 on my additional indoor set up of NIC grids. I already had the crate.

If they dont bond, she will be moving down the shed :) I know i couldnt put her down there alone, so id have to get her a friend.

I have Lottie and George... who i could try and bond Lola with, but they have such a close bond, id be scared of breaking it :?

Its stressful :( xXx

If they dont bond, she will be moving down the shed :) I know i couldnt put her down there alone, so id have to get her a friend.

I have Lottie and George... who i could try and bond Lola with, but they have such a close bond, id be scared of breaking it :?

Its stressful :( xXx

I wouldn't risk breaking the bond. I know how you feel couldn't believe it when my two fell out after 5 days. :(

Go down the Fat Fluffs route and if that doesn't work get Lola a friend. I've got exactly the same situation with my two. They live side by side but separated not ideal but they do have each other for company when I am out.

I agree I'd try through the girls at FF first & then take it from there. You might be pleasantly surprised :D I really hope so hun, because I know how upsetting it is when things don't quite go to plan. Good luck & keep us posted :D

Back