• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fear of Vets

airymare

Young Bun
Does anyone elses rabbit get absolutely petrified at going to the vets?

I took my two to get their VHD jab this morning. Olive, the mini lop, was fine but Harvey my French Lop got really scared. When I got him home he was physically shaking and hyperventilating! :shock:

I feel awful putting him through it but I can't leave him unvaccinated! The worst bit is I'll have to take him back to get his Mxyi jab done at some point soon. Is there anything you can do to make it any easier on them?

awe,it's so sad isn't it?my buns get very angry and start thumping as soon as they see ''THE BOX'':Dnot sure how to make it any less traumatic for them tho.

Jazz doesnt like it... he trys to jump off the table.. Gizmo LOVES going to the vets (strange I know) and Eclipse, well he just puts up with it.

pearl hunches up and pants really bad as soon as she goes in the carrier and pants harder as soon as she gets to the vets :(

Alvin appears not bothered until hes out of the carrier then he becomes a spring... ste has to sit on the chair with him and the vet has to kneel on the floor to do his stuff... soo embarrassing :oops::oops:

Back