• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Housing set up

George&dillon

Mama Doe
i've got a 12ftx4ft run with hutch inside which is lifted of the floor so no run space lost, but i also have 3 small tunnels in and one large, is it better to have tunnels or better to have a clearer run? plus the usual toys etc aswell ;)

i've got a 12ftx4ft run with hutch inside which is lifted of the floor so no run space lost, but i also have 3 small tunnels in and one large, is it better to have tunnels or better to have a clearer run? plus the usual toys etc aswell ;)

An empty run wouldnt be much fun and bunnies love to jump up on things, go under things and through tunnels. As long as theres enough space to binky I wouldnt worry. I would keep changing it if I were you have the 4 tunnels one week and just 2 the next to make it different for them :) My buns also love cardboard boxes, cheap as chips!

Never thought of changing it :roll: i did put a box in the other week but he wasn't interested in it :( i do have a log in there that he likes to sit on :lol:

Definitely keep changing it. Also try putting in hay as it's good for them to eat and can be played with. Rabbits also love to chew the bark off tree branches e.g. apple , willow. Some also like to play with flower pots or those jingly balls you can get from pet shops. A nice fun and nutritious toy is also a paper bag filled with timothy hay. Bunnies like to sit under things so those small plastic stools you can buy from supermarkets/diy stores are also good and washable.

If he's not playing much he could be depressed and lonely. If you really want to make him the happiest little bunny alive you should consider getting him castrated and getting him a spayed female for company. My last bunny just used to sit in 1 spot at the rescue centre before I got her and I assumed this was because she was old (7 years) but as since I brought her home she has been running around like a mad thing with my other 2 younger bunnies.

Back