• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

showing my rabbit ???

jenny14

New Kit
hiya just wondering if any 1 can help i have a giant french lop and the people who i got her off said that she is pure breed and has papers but i havnt recieved them what do they need to prove this and enter into shows ? thanks x

you dont need the papers to show her however she does need to have the metal British Rabbit Council ring on one of her back legs and you would need to be a British Rabbit Council Member to, Unless you mean in the pet show bit where she doesnt need the ring and you dont need to be a member all she would need is to be clean in good condition and friendly:D

so how do they get the ring coz she dont have 1 i dont think the old owners sed she was pedigre but i dont no ? also wer r the shows like just for pets and things im in hartlepool but would travel just not too far :D

before you show your bunny i would go along and see how the bunnys at local shows are kept first. i personally know my own buns would be distressed by al lthe people, being shut in cages all day (they are used to free range) and would hate being handled lots. obviously this varys bunny to bunny. contact the breeder you got the rabbit off to find out if she is brc registered if she is then the rabbit should have been ringed(tho i dont really like thte rings as i worry that the bun would manage to get it caught tho i know its unlikely) go onto the brc website to find shows in your area or type rabbit pet shows into google. b e wary some bunnys temperment is not suited to showing it really is up to you to know your bunny. x

yes i think so, you will have to phone the british rabbit association to find out more. I think they have to be a certain age too.

Well I dont know if its the same in the UK as it is in the US But you dont need papers.I have shown Kasper with having papers for him.

But like bunlover said you may wanna make sure he wont get overly stressed.If your buns out going like my kasper then he'll be good.

How old is your lop?

You cannot show in the main show if your rabbit is not rung. Most breeders dont ring french lop does , its the males that are shown. The silver rings are put on the leg when they are babys. You cannot get a ring on an adult rabbit. val

Rings are put on rabbits that are showable so that they can be entered into proper shows and to also keep track of who owns it.

Ditto :shock:

rings are bad enough :?

Over in the US show rabbits are identifyed by their ear tattoos. When done right the ear numbs out and the rabbit doesnt feel it.
Kasper did great with his didnt freak out or anything and not 10 mins later he was binking around

Yeah over here in the US we only or mainly i should say tattoo .I think its because there more concerns with rings not fitting properly or if something could get caught in it and injure then bun.

:shock:

I guess that seals it for my views on showing then, cripes, poor wee things being stuck with a ring or tattoo just to be dumped in a cage for x-number of hours and manhandled by strangers.

strange world we live in

Emma

Back