• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Very nervous bunny mummy... Its Tommorow!!!

Michelle666

Mama Doe
its going to be Thursday in 3 days, and my girls are going in for their spaying!

Ohhh gord im so scared. OH's convinced me that everything will be fine, but im not so sure!

Ive got vet beds and some lovely treats for when they come home. They are going to be living in a pen under my stairs (which are open), as i dont want them running around to much! Ive decided to keep them in from Thursday to Monday. Do you think thats ok?

My vet said a day is fine, but i think i'll exstend it just to keep them warm.

Last edited:
I usually keep in until the 3 day re-check, but it's milder outside now:D I let buns out during this time, but watch them to limit the jumping-off-chairs etc:D

I know exactly how your feeling, my Poppy was spayed last Thursday, but I can assure you she recovered very quickly. Just like you I set up a crate inside with vet bed and treats and after one night in she was going mad digging eveything, throwing stuff around, and demanding to go back outside with her friends! They will be fine! :D

Oh gord i hope so! Do you need to bathe the wound, or do you leave it?

OH is making a new activity centre :lol: for the girls, somthing with tunnels and a hideaway, but also something for them to jump onto and lay across (Dont ask im just going to let him) so he's going to spend next week making something rather special for when their all better.

I'm sure they will be fine:D I would keep them restricted until they have had their post-op check.You dont have to clean the wound just check that its not becoming red,inflamed or any obvious signs of infection. Bless your OH!!!such a good bunny daddy!!

Just out of interest what are the best kind of stitches the vet should use?

I just called my vet again (they must be getting fed up with my questions) and she said there are a couple of types, its up to the vet on the day!!!

I dont know anything about stitches, but i would like to say my opinion to the vet. She mentioned either Suchers or under skin stiches (cant be seen) i think there was another option as well!

Just out of interest what are the best kind of stitches the vet should use?

I just called my vet again (they must be getting fed up with my questions) and she said there are a couple of types, its up to the vet on the day!!!

I dont know anything about stitches, but i would like to say my opinion to the vet. She mentioned either Suchers or under skin stiches (cant be seen) i think there was another option as well!

Sutures is just another word for stitches.
Without doubt the best kind for bunnies are dissolvable stitches buries under the skin so that there's nothing for the bun to chew open. The vet may also use a little skin glue

I think my vet used internal stitches and glue. Dolly had to wear a 'lamp shade' thing on her head....she wasnt very happy :lol: (shouldnt really laugh)

I was ever so worried about her but she is fine! She was a bit grumpy for a few days but I think that had more to do with the lamp shade.

I dont remember my vet telling me to bathe the wound but to make sure it was clean and check it often to make sure it looked ok

Im sure your bunnies will be fine :)

AAAHHHHHHH! THEIR GOING IN TOMMORROW MORNING!!! Im so nervous now, ive barely touched my lunch today, and ive got strawberry trifle gor desert...and dont fancy it!!!

Oh gord! I need tonnes of vibes!!

Lots & lots of vibes coming your way for your special girls. I know exactly how you feel as we have our new addition Betsy going in tomorrow to be speyed too. Please let us know how they go on xxx

We can all :censored: ourselves together tomorrow then as my poorly Fiver has to have a major dental. Hopefully they will all be home safely with us this time tomorrow. :)

Will be thinking of your girls tomorrow :) Im sure everything will be ok :)

Lots of good luck vibes heading their way xXx

Thanks everyone!

Ive gotrta try and sleep now! Their lunch boxes have been packed ready for the vet :D

Will let you know how it all goes. hopefully all will be well!

Good luck for today I'm sure all will go well, let us know how they get on! Try not to panic too much while waiting to make that phonecall in the afternoon!

oh gord today has been hell. Ive cleaned for Englland to take my mind of it. I gotta call again in 15mins just to make sure its ok to take them home. Apparntly they were quite out of it earlier when i rang, but do really well! Cant wait to get them home. Ive set up a pen with vet beds and lots of different muchies for them!!!

Tons of vibes coming from the US!

My Eddison is getting neutered on Wednesday and has blood work on Monday. I don't know how I won't be distracted at work, frantically calling every 8 seconds. :cry:

Vibes for you too...i know its been an awful day, i just want to be told i can get them...them i'll b driving like a lunatic for my babies!

Back