• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Teeth grinding...

nickeh.88

Young Bun
I've searched on here and it indicates pain and comfort??

My Roxy is currently led on my chest. Grinding her teeth. It's not like, a constant grind. More of a nip.. If you get me?

She does it a few times a minute.

She's been eating loads of soaked greens and is poo'ing fine.

Just concerned about the nip/grinding thing.

Any advice?

It also possible the gene of the bun is weak, and that's part of her daily routine. 1 of my bridge bun is like that. She's just nervous from time to time and she doesn't have very strong genes

Hey,thats fine.Grinding in buns is like a purr in a cat-a sign of contentment.Hard grinding can mean they are in pain but if you are not sure what is hard or soft grinding then read their body language then that will give you a clue.It sounds to me your bun is grinding in bliss!:)If he was hunched in a corner then it could be a sign of pain.Laid on your stomach,got to a sign of bliss:lol:

It seems a consensus has been reached, but I'll toss my opinion in for good measure =p

My rabbits both grind their teeth when just laying down. I think they do it as they settle down to go to sleep, or if they are really relaxed. Their eyes are normally slightly shut, and they look like they've entered bunny meditation land.

Probably nothing to worry about, but any sign a rabbit gives you of something being possibly wrong, look for other signs to confirm. (i.e. hunched back, not eating)

But it sounds just like a happy bunny purring away! :love:

This thread basically was an extension of another thread. It seems that Nickeh.88's sweet Roxy has gone to the Bridge. Bless her heart. She sounded like a very brave sweet bunny.

Back