• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just realised my dwarf lop doe is a boy!

If I was in your shoes I would get the male neutered ASAP, wait at least a month to see how they settle and then reassess the situation. You will then have a clearer picture about how they are together.

You will also need to assess when the accomodation you use is big enough.

As they are happily bonded it would be a shame to seperate them, but it would prob be a good idea to get 'her' neutered or hormones may cause them to fight.
If they stay bonded together, you will have a happy pair of male buns, which I would think very carefully and take advice from the bonding pros before upsetting with a ladybun.

Sexing mistakes seem to be quite commonly made - the cause of many unwanted litters!!!

They look quite contented in your siggy!

Thanks,
They seem to get on well together, so i will probably just get him neutered to prevent fighting. Its a good job the Netherland Dwarf is quite laid back then.
I think there would be enough space for a ladybun if i did get one as they have constant access to 4 X 5 foot shed attached to a 4 X 6 run, with occasional supervised access to the garden. Just out of intrest, is that big enough for 3? (Although I may leave it at two anyway)

If they are both nethies and a new bun was also a small one you should have enough space for 3 buns.

An additional thought is that you can seriously enhance the space in a shed with the addition of shelves and cubby holes for the buns. Helen 'The Duchess' has done some wonderful things with the interior of a shed. I think Jeremy as well has also made some interesting interiors as well.

Back