• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our foster bun - Yay he's staying! He's now 4.5kg! New pics for Jane & every1 else

Bunnyaddict

Wise Old Thumper
Our foster bun - Yay he's staying! He's now 4.5kg! New pics for Jane & every1 else

I brought home today a new foster bun from Thornberry Animal Sanctuary called Terry. When I first saw him yesterday at the sanctuary I was very close to tears because I couldn't believe how thin he is :cry::cry:

He was handed in as apparently he was a stray but somehow we think the people that handed him in were lying :evil: They brought him in, in a shiny new dog crate that they left at the sanctuary - something just wasn't right about them & the story they told :evil::evil::evil:

We believe he is supposed to be a continental giant but he only weighs 2.7kg :cry: He is so skinny poor lad. I couldn't bear to leave him at the sanctuary & talked Mark into letting me bring him home today to foster him - in the hope that with some tlc we can build him up & get him back to full strength & health.

He is the most affectionate bunny given how frail he is - I've been trying to tempt him with small amounts of veg, as we don't think he's had any before - so we want to be really careful with him & not overload his tum. Fortunately he is wolfing down his pellets & munching hay really well :D If anyone has any tips for what we can do to help him put weight on please let me know, as it's the first time we've ever had such an underweight bunny.

You never know if he manages to work his charm on Mark he might also get to stay here ;);) I hope so as I just want to cry every time I hold him :cry: I feel angry that someone has done this to him :censored::censored::censored:

If he does stay though, I'm afraid I will have to change his name - he just doesn't look like a Terry to me :? If anyone has any suggestions please let me know :D

Please can you spare any vibes for this lad in the hope that he starts to put lots of weight on?

Here's the handsome chap :D

DSCF3244.jpg

DSCF3245.jpg

DSCF3246.jpg

Last edited:
Sending loads of vibes for your poorly foster bun. I hope he continues to eat and puts lots of weight on x x

Sending masses of vibes for this beautiful bunny, you will work wonders with him, well done for giving him the special care he needs

awww hes lovely ...:love:

poor boy ...my advice would be tp gradualy increase his pellets untill he has just about as much as can eat ...maybe add a little mix...and some rolled oats ...;)

good luck with him ...sending loads of vibes

Awwwwwwww lots of vibes for him :love:

Is he very young, he doesnt look to be in bad condition and I am wodering if he is a juvenille rather than underweight :?

Here is Libby aged about 4.5 months as a comparison

Picture248.jpg

Sending loads of vibes. He's gorgeous, poor lad, how anybody could neglect such a beautiful beast is beyond me :cry::cry::cry:

awww hes lovely ...:love:

poor boy ...my advice would be tp gradualy increase his pellets untill he has just about as much as can eat ...maybe add a little mix...and some rolled oats ...;)

good luck with him ...sending loads of vibes

Thanks Angie - will get Mark to get me some oats tomorrow to mix in. I have added a little mix with his pellets so hope this will help him :D

Why do people let animals become so thin? It's a good job I didn't actually see the people that brought him in because I think I wouldn't have had to be restrained :censored::evil::censored:

Awwwwwwww lots of vibes for him :love:

Is he very young, he doesnt look to be in bad condition and I am wodering if he is a juvenille rather than underweight :?

Here is Libby aged about 4.5 months as a comparison

Picture248.jpg

We did wonder that Jane as we don't know how old he is - we guess he is under 12 months. When you pick him up though he is as light as a feather & just feels like a bag of bones poor lad. You can literally feel every bone :cry: When he hops though he is very tentative as though he's not a great deal of strength :cry:

Loads of vibes for him, poor little bunny! Daisy is not quite 6 months, is a smallish conti and weighs 3.6kg, so he does sound underweight :(

He looks like a very handsome boy though :love:

I can't imagine how full your house must be, is it like wallace and Gromit with bunnies in the bread bin and fridge? :lol:

Capt Carrot is a giant conti and he weighs over 5kg. He's not overweight and is less than a year old, so I reckon your bun is underweight..sending vibes...

I can't imagine how full your house must be, is it like wallace and Gromit with bunnies in the bread bin and fridge? :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Oh it's full but not quite got bunnies coming out of the bread bin & fridge - not yet anyway! :lol::lol::lol::lol: Fortunately we have a big loft room where most of them live in groups - although they can behave like a herd of elephants at night :shock::lol::lol::lol:

Come April / May though we will have some of our house back because most of the buns will be moving outside for the good weather into a new aviary we're building :D I don't know what we'll do with all the space inside :shock: Maybe have a few more buns ;)

Thank you so much everyone for all your vibes, I keep going in to cuddle him & telling him how much everyone wants him to get back to full health. Will keep you posted on his progress.

Oooh what a wonderful lad he looks. Totally adorable.

So glad he's got you on his side.

I am sure that he'll do very well if you just increase what he eats gradually.

As for names, well I don't think I'd better suggest any as I have a reputation for long ones.

Having said that, he looks a bit like a Sebastian to me. or Seb for short.

Or maybe Frankie.....

:love::love::love:

Back