• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

when is best for my bunny to get a pal

About 2 weeks if the friend you are getting him is a neutered doe. If she isnt neutered then im pretty sure then its about 5 weeks as your buck could still be fertile!!

depends...

a male rabbit takes up to 6 weeks after the op to become infertile.

so if you get him a neutered female/male then he could be bonded after 2/3 weeks

If you get an unneutered female then you would have to wait the full six weeks. If you go this way though your female is full of hormones and the poor male will be humped like heck (it happened to me, or should I say it happened to Charlie from Autumn!!), this could cause problems with fighting depending on how tolerant he is.

ETA Jill there are a few rescue centres in the NE, you could have a look, some will do the bonding for you (definately a lot less stressful)

Last edited:
I would leave it a bit longer than 2 weeks since he will still be quite hormonal and they can still be aggresive. Wait until he is back to his usual self and not displaying lots of hormonal behaviour

Back