• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Megazorb as litter?

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hiya

I'm hoping to use Megazorb as litter in my rabbits hutch. I will put it down in their bedroom and their litter tray. There will be hay on top. Would they be able to ingest some Megazorb when they eat the hay? Does it enlarge when it gets wet?

It doesn't swell up so it's very good as bunny litter. I haven't been able to get hold of any for ages though, so have swapped to 'smartcat' paper-based litter, which looks identical except for being slightly darker in colour (and also doesn't swell up when wet).

I put litter in 2/3 of Daisy's tray and hay in the final third, so she sits in the tray and eats without getting too much litter mixed into the hay - well, that's the theory but obviously she loves messing up her trays at times!

It doesn't enlarge when it's wet, it just sort of sticks together.
They shouldn't eat any, but if they were to dig it all up they could if they wanted to. Most won't want to eat it though, can't imagine it being tastey, more like eating paper.

i put megazorb in the buns trays and then cover the whole lot with hay. they have never dug at it or tried to eat it, they're more interested in the hay anyway!

it's a great litter too!

I've used megazorb for abut 3 years and never had any trouble with buns ingesting it.

Does anyone else think it smells like caramel? :oops::lol:

I once had a vet tell me there was Megazorb in my buns' poos after an episode of stasis. After that I started putting a layer of straw between the megazorb and hay just to be on the safe side, but in the end I changed to Easibed.

I once had a vet tell me there was Megazorb in my buns' poos after an episode of stasis. After that I started putting a layer of straw between the megazorb and hay just to be on the safe side, but in the end I changed to Easibed.

Sarah...is easibed good? I've been thinking of trying it but the nearest stockist is in Leicestershire, so would be a bit of a trip.

Sarah...is easibed good? I've been thinking of trying it but the nearest stockist is in Leicestershire, so would be a bit of a trip.

I liked it for the buns, as it has a 'chippy' sort of consistency, so less fine in texture (and less likely to be eaten with the hay). Not sure it is worth a big trek for it though...

Guess what i'm going to do tonight when i get home? yep stick me head in the megazorb bag to see if it smells of caramel :lol:

I use it and never had any problems with it he certainly doens't eat it ;)

One of my buns eat it too :? I have to make sure there is a good covering of hay on top and then he doesnt bother!

Hi all

I use Megazorb for all the bunnies and also for the hammies. My mum has 3 pet rats and she uses it in their litter trays too.

Never had a problem with them eating it but with the rabbits I put alot of hay on top of it so they're more interested in that!

Back