• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why would Daisy be stamping?

giantbunnymummy

Warren Veteran
Daisy has just thumped her foot on the floor about six times in the last five mins. Being of a nervous disposition when it comes to bunny wellbeing I'm worried - do you think she could be feeling ill / in pain?

She never stamps and there's nothing unusual going on.

Any ideas?

My bunnies stamp if I do something they don't like, like being picked up, or if they feel in danger, like a loud noise or a strange person in the room, etc.

Bailey stamped when i put him in the run this afternoon :? But he was binkying all over the place! :?

They can sometimes stamp if they're demanding attention, I think.
So maybe if they're near you, but you're not talking to them, showing them any attention at that time.

I know i'm probably over-reacting :oops:

There's no noise, no-one else here, I went straight over the first time she stamped and sat and stroked her (in case it was attention she wanted) but she stamped twice more and ran off. I'm totally confused!!

Kasper thumps if i dont get his food to him fast enough.Or if Im being a bad mama and dont have a treat for him whne he beggs :lol:

One of my buns is stamp happy, he stomps when he wants my attention and is sick of waiting (usually this is accompanied with a large grunt) and he'll also thump if trying to tell me something's wrong or if he wants me to **** off, I can tell the difference between his stamps by the way he's sat/stood or what position his ears are. Maybe your rabbit was trying to let you know something? Maybe she feels left out, or wants some cuddles? or maybe she saw something she didn't like, like a bird or bug or something?

I've just given Daisy a noserub and fuss, a bit of plantain and a huge pile of her favourite treat hay, which she's now merrily scoffing. It probably was an 'I'm bored'/attention-demanding/disapproving stamp!

My first thought was -panic, she's in pain /there's somthing wrong :oops:

Must learn to chill out :lol:

Back