• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeding time!

caerleon

Mama Doe
Just wondered what people's routine was when it comes to feeding there buns?do you feed at the same every day, morning and night?i get all panicky if im not back in time to feed at the same time or if im up later! i do veggies in a morning and pellets at night what do you do?!

Charlie just gets pellets on a night, he only gets veg a few times a week. I top up the hay a few times during the day, though.

I feed mine half pellets in the morning at about 7-9am and then half pellets in evening at 4pm when I clean them out. Hay is given in the morning too that lasts the day.

Mine get a large pile of hay in the morning and a mixture of some veggies or some herby treats. Pellets and more hay in the evening.

Strawberry has pellets at 6.30am along with fresh hay. Veg at 6.30pm then more pellets at 10pm.

On a weekend if I try to have a lie in by 6.45am he is going crazy throwing things about untill I get up and feed him!

I usually do it about the same time morning and evening but I don't get my knickers in a twist if something happens that means I don't feed them at the normal time - they have hay and water all the time so they're not going to starve.

I do pellets in the morning and veggies in the evening; partly that's historical from when they used to be free range so veggies gave them something to do when they were shut away in the evening, and also veggies take longer to prepare and I don't have time for that in the morning before work!

I give pellets and hay in the morning and then veg at night because i usually get it together while i'm making my dinner.

From the sounds of it i over feed my rabbits. I feed them, hay all the time, but they have pellets and veg in the morning, then more of the same at tea time, and at dinner time i give them a bit of fruit. Mind you they are feeding babies and seem ever so skinny. Even though they are on excel.

i do pellets in a morning 7-9 with fresh hay and grass,,, veg and more hay at 5-6pm then fresh grass before bed at 10 - 11pm but i dont panic if for any reason i cant do these times for instance i jsut give loads of hay and grass if im out all day and give their veg earlier if need be but this isnt a regular thing,

I do veggies in the morning fresh hay and litter trays in the afternoon and pellets in the evening. Its not always the same time though.

I do pellets in the morning, along with hay and something to do during the day. (which may include, veg, herbs toys or treats)

Depending on what they have to do they get veg/don't get veg on an evening, alnog with readigras/treat hay/hay.

I think if they have a ridgid routine then they get bored used to it etc. So long as they have plenty of hay and water they are fine.

Our buns all get pellets of a morning, along with fresh hay in the litter trays, posh hay in the racks. Then when we get home around 4pm, i check they all still have hay in their racks. Of an evening they all get a bowl of veg, between 7 and 10pm :)

Ronnie tends to get given veg throughout the day as hes always round our feet in the kitchen etc :? xXx

my usual routine is a very small amount of pellets in the morning and loads of fresh hay, then hay topped up all day, veg at 5pm and then hay topped up again, and then a very small amount of pellets at night and then i top up the hay again for the night!

it's different at the minute though as they're having medicine on their veg twice a day so the veg is split for each time. was a bit confusing at first! for me and them!

Back