• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Excessive peeing and pooing?

Sandra

Warren Scout
We just moved from Iceland to Jordan last Thursday with our three bunnies. It was a very long day with two 4 hour flights and 9 hours waiting in between. I was probably the worst day of my life, I was so nervous and scared that something was going to happen to them but they all seemed fine. Roger was even eating while on the conveyor belt...

They are all eating, drinking and acting normal, being playful etc. But my rex girl Mýsla and her mini lop husband Roger seems to be peeing and pooing a bit more than normally. The pee spots are pretty huge and they seem to have lost all forms of litter habits so I am cleaning to floors many many times a day. It is hard to believe that the amounts they poop and pee could come from two small bunnies:) Is this something to worry about? I am giving them bio-lapis in their water and giving them extra supreme science recovery liquid.

Thanks!

They are probably very stressed out and do what some humans do in similiar situations.

The lack of toilet training is probably related to a new territory and they may start off by marking it before they settle.

I would reduce their territory down for a few days and allow them to settle, there toilet training should improve and you may then be able to sort out where a litter tray would be best placed. You may need to have a couple of trays for a while as they sort themselves out.

Sounds like you are doing everything else well, they should settle before too long.

Is that Jordan in the middle east? If so I guess it is much hotter than Iceland which could explain why they are drinking more?

Hi:wave: Yes we are in the Middle East. But it is not so warm here and especially not inside.

Things are better now:) Got hold of a proper corner litter box yesterday and wooden pellets and filled it with hay and they are now using it almost all of the time. The bio-lapis seems to have had an impact and they are no longer drinking as much.

Thanks everyone!

Back