• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

'safe' to cut down on food a little now?

happypreso

Alpha Buck
My mum & dad bun live together and I know at the mo, they are getting too many pellets and not enough hay (the hay is always there just they dont eat it).

The mum had babies 11 wks ago, I am assuming that now it would be okay to cut back a bit on the pellets? Do I cut back a little at a time (so they get used to eating less) or do I do it straight away. Also, how much should they have? They are two medium (lionhead) rabbits? These bun's have access also to grass and herbs in the garden (they are free-range during the day)

Also for the babies (11wks) I am just ensuring they have lots of pellets (and hay). is that still okay at thier age? These bun's have access to grass 24/7 and I do let them have some time free range time in the garden as well (so they have access to herbs)

They all get some veg (sometimes fruit) in the evening as well.

Thanks

Back