• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 Rabbits = 2 feeding bowls?

Laura_Roo

New Kit
Hi people, Im new to the forum. Im Laura, and I am getting some rescue baby bunnies next week! Do I need to get 2 bowls for them, or just one big one? They are sisters so have grew up together and they are only about 8 weeks(ish)

Thankyou.

Bonded bunnies do everything together and share everything. So, one bowl, one carrier, one (big) litter tray ...
Look forward to seeing pics of your new girls :)

Hi there.

One bowl is all that's needed.

If you see any issues with the bunnies getting stressed out over feeding together, I'd sprinkle their pelleted food in their hay box and this will encourage them to forage and eat more hay, plus it will help to stop any fighting.

Yep, bonded bunnies do everything together, eat, sleep, drink and go to the vets.

Looking forward to photos.

I have two bonded rabbits (they were love at first sight:love:) and I use two bowls with them. Mainly because otherwise Smokey will snaffle the lot! With two bowls, I can check they're both eating OK and because they only get a half tablespoon of mix twice a day, they've emptied the bowls in less than a minute.

I use to bowls because Fanta is very very greedy and she is able to eat her pellets and George's before he even blinks. But two bowls is not enough to stop Fanta who is able to run from her bowl to George's and eat everything even if they are distant!! so I leave George in the cage and Fanta out for dinner time :). Obviously they share the hay...

I have only had 2 rabbits living together in my life. The shop keeper told me they were brothers so they would live together happily. They always used to fight and even mount each other (Eww). I had two bowls but if I were you, I would just get a big Dog water bowl.

i use two bowls but like one of the other members my bigger one would eat the lot before the smaller one would get any ,,, iss is a mini lop and a good eater and fast, poppi my netherland dwarf is a slow eater and is still eating way after issi has finished so i have to monitor the last hour every morning, and i have to feed veg separately as well, although once issi has finished she will sit and wait and watch poppi till hes finshed now then shes there to finish off lol the choice is urs see how they go and monitor them,, at least with separate bowls u can see how much they get

Back