• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Carefresh

lisa102

Young Bun
i've just had my rabbit spayed so i'm using carefresh in her cage but she keeps eating it does anyone know if this is dangerous for her I dont know whether to remove it or not?

It's not toxic but I wouldn't let her eat too much of it. I was once given a cotton-seed litter and my buns ate it. One got stasis so I took her to the vets with me, and when I got home I discovered another one had died: I think from bloat as it was so quick and she was otherwise young and healthy. Could you try putting a towel over it or would she eat that too?

Thanks i'll just leave a little in her litter tray then and try putting a towel in her cage. She's eating everything and anything at the moment i got carefresh because she was eating the newspaper i also tried using puppy training pads but she starting eating those. I'm starting to regret getting her spayed she's like a different rabbit shes stopped using her litter tray, scratches at everything and keeps growling at me :cry:

i tried carefresh once and bisc and matt wouldn't stop eating it, so i removed it and changed to megazorb! :)

do you put hay in the litter trays? maybe this would stop her eating it as it would be under the hay?

Yeah fidget eats carefresh too - i'm not sure why they love it so much. I would take it out cause fidge ate a whole litter tray full overnight once! I'm not sure that much is good for them

Yes she has got hay and straw but shes more interested in the carefresh. Thanks for the advice i'll buy some megazorb hopefully she wont eat that :)

Back