• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am I expecting too much?

sarahslc

Warren Scout
Just wondered if I am expecting too much of Lady? She had a dental yesterday and doesn't seem to have eaten much this am - a piece of celery and a few sprigs of parsley. She is grooming and seems happy and has produced two pieces of poo since letting her out 20mins ago. She came home on fibreplex which she has taken fine so far.
I am comparing her to Sox who used to come home from dentals and eat like a horse! :roll::roll::roll:
Should I be worried?

Try offering her a mix if gratted/finely chopped Veg and scissor chopped hay (to make the long strands easier to eat). Give her water in a bowl to encourage her to drink more.
Some Buns need pain relief for a couple of days after a Dental if a lot of work was done or if the sharp teeth/spurs had caused any soft tissue damage.

Thanks Jane, I have watched her throughout the day and she has been grazing - it seems the more attention I pay to her to make sure she's eating then the less she does but if she can't see me watching she'll eat - milking it a bit I think!:roll::roll:
I am going to try cutting up her hay see how she gets on with that.

Back