• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving On

CazScho

Mama Doe
Today I'm washing all Harriets snuggle safe covers and cleaning the carrier so I can take Truff & Pickle to be bonded with Riley. It's absolutely the right thing to do for Riley as he looks so lonely and quiet on his own, but it feels like I'm not being respectful to the fact that Harriets gone now, and that I shouldn't be 'moving on' although obviously you have to :(

I know it'll pass but it just feels wrong today :cry:

Today I'm washing all Harriets snuggle safe covers and cleaning the carrier so I can take Truff & Pickle to be bonded with Riley. It's absolutely the right thing to do for Riley as he looks so lonely and quiet on his own, but it feels like I'm not being respectful to the fact that Harriets gone now, and that I shouldn't be 'moving on' although obviously you have to :(

I know it'll pass but it just feels wrong today :cry:

You are not being disrespectful to Harriet. Riley was her friend and she would want him to have the company of other Bunnies.

xx

I felt exactly the same when i lost Rory last month. I felt bad taking Flopsy to find a new friend, and cried and cried when i was scrubbing out the bunny shed.

You aren't being disrespectful at all, when you get Riley a new friend and see him happy again, you will know you did the best by him.

Hugs x

I know you must find it hard, especially because of the timings Caroline.

Harriet had the best of everything because she came to you, but she was called away this week and that's how it goes. Whilst you all miss her madly, it's absolutely the best thing to do for Riley and it's him that you now have to think about. Hopefully they trio will get on really well and this will help you to reconcile everything. Everything happens for a reason (well I think it does).

Fingers crossed for Riley and the ladies.

xx

I can only imagine how hard it is for you :cry: I am sure Harriet would want him to be happy though and i really hope the bonding goes well for all of you xx

*hug* I know the feeling :( I have sweeped out my Luna's outdoor hutch and indoor cage already but have yet to wash and disinfect them. Today we got her ashes back and it's really hit home that she's gone and I feel almost disrespectful too that I still have the scrubbing job to do.

But at the same time, we have to be fair to other buns and future buns - They need to move on too and be safe, just in case there was anything infectious lurking around - You always have to be safe and be fair however much it hurts :cry:

Sending positive vibes your way

Back