• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit savvy vet in Lancs, OL12 area?

giantbunnymummy

Warren Veteran
Anyone living in Lancashire have a good, rabbit savvy vet they can recommend please? I need someone in the OL12 area (Rochdale, Bacup, Heywood, Milnrow) ... maybe a little further afield.

I don't drive so it needs to be taxi-able from Whitworth.

Daisy is having some health problems and possibly has a tumour, so I need someone good asap.

i'm in middleton and travel to aidan at ashleigh vets in whalley range, he's great and a rabbit vet. well worth going there and that was the closest place i could find.

takes us 40 mins each way in a taxi from middleton but it's worth it because i know they're getting the best treatment etc. :)

i'm in middleton and travel to aidan at ashleigh vets in whalley range, he's great and a rabbit vet. well worth going there and that was the closest place i could find.

takes us 40 mins each way in a taxi from middleton but it's worth it because i know they're getting the best treatment etc. :)

Thanks for reply.

I used to live in Whalley Range and used Ashley Vets for six years for my cats and dog - they were great! Typical that now I have a bunny I'm miles away from them :roll:

It's too far for us to go now though, it's double the distance from Whitworth to WR than from Middleton :( My o/h works in Chorlton so if we had a car it would be easy, but he cycles everywhere and I can't see Daisy enjoying the journey by bike. And I hate to think how much a taxi would be - we already pay £20 a time just into Rochdale and back.

Will keep looking locally.

Thanks for reply.

I used to live in Whalley Range and used Ashley Vets for six years for my cats and dog - they were great! Typical that now I have a bunny I'm miles away from them :roll:

It's too far for us to go now though, it's double the distance from Whitworth to WR than from Middleton :( My o/h works in Chorlton so if we had a car it would be easy, but he cycles everywhere and I can't see Daisy enjoying the journey by bike. And I hate to think how much a taxi would be - we already pay £20 a time just into Rochdale and back.

Will keep looking locally.

sorry, i didn't realise it was that far away from where you are.

it is expensive in a taxi, we managed to get a deal with a company and have the same driver each time. he takes us and waits and brings us back for £35. it's not too bad considering it's 40 mins there and 40 mins back, and we are usually in for half an hour to 40 minutes. but because of the charges at the vets aswell for just a consultation it costs us about £100 everytime we go! but needs must...! :)

i don't know of any others nearer to you though sorry.

typical you used to live near there aswell! :roll:

it is expensive in a taxi, we managed to get a deal with a company and have the same driver each time. he takes us and waits and brings us back for £35. it's not too bad considering it's 40 mins there and 40 mins back, and we are usually in for half an hour to 40 minutes. but because of the charges at the vets aswell for just a consultation it costs us about £100 everytime we go! but needs must...! :)

I guess £35 isn't too bad, as I say we pay £20 at the moment just for two ten minute journeys :roll: But it certainly adds a lot on to the overall cost ... maybe we could kidnap a bunny savvy vet and make them set up soemwhere between whitworth and Middleton :lol:

I phoned Ashley vets this morning and they said to call back on Monday to speak to their bunny expert (Aidan I guess) who may be able to help with locating a good bunny vet nearer to me. So I will try that.

I guess £35 isn't too bad, as I say we pay £20 at the moment just for two ten minute journeys :roll: But it certainly adds a lot on to the overall cost ... maybe we could kidnap a bunny savvy vet and make them set up soemwhere between whitworth and Middleton :lol:

I phoned Ashley vets this morning and they said to call back on Monday to speak to their bunny expert (Aidan I guess) who may be able to help with locating a good bunny vet nearer to me. So I will try that.

:lol: i think that's a great idea!

i didn't know about the one in oldham, but even that takes 30 minutes so i may aswell stick with ashleigh vets if it's only 10 minutes further. i like aidan aswell so that's important. i trust him and i have never fully trusted any other vet.

i'm hoping aidan will ring me on monday aswell because i've phoned and left a message but the woman on the phone said loads of people have been doing the same so i don't rate my chances of him ringing then and he is off again after that for another week and i'm impatient so a weeks a long time! :lol: how dare he be off when i need to speak to him! :lol: he thinks i'm a nutter anyway but now i've emailed him some video clips of bisc's breathing when he's asleep so he can see what he thinks! :oops::lol: he already laughs at me when i'm there because i do this nervous ranting and don't shut up! he told me to calm down last time and my bf was just sat there shaking his head! :oops::lol: it's a nervous thing though, i can't help it!!

Good luck in your search for a vet anyway! :)

We'll have to fight over phone contact with him on Monday then - me first, me first :lol:

I'm sure I must've seen Aidan in the past with the cats or dog, but mostly we saw Bernard and one of the female vets (name escapes me). Is Aidan a youngish bloke?

Hope Bisc is ok!

We'll have to fight over phone contact with him on Monday then - me first, me first :lol:

I'm sure I must've seen Aidan in the past with the cats or dog, but mostly we saw Bernard and one of the female vets (name escapes me). Is Aidan a youngish bloke?

Hope Bisc is ok!

:lol: i'll race ya!

no, he's not young...i have to be careful what i say isn't young here won't i!...he's in his 40's maybe? sorry anyone who is in their 40's!!! it's just older to me obviously, but not necessarily old! :)...think i'll shut up now! :lol:

bisc is doing alot better thanks. bisc and matt have snuffles but they're doing really great now on new medication. it's just bisc's breathing when he's asleep still worries me, that's the only thing. but i don't know if he just snores so thought i'd send aidan the vids to see what he thinks. :)

Don't think I know him then. I remember a 20 something bloke we saw a few times, who seemed nice.

Fingers crossed for you that Bisc's just snoring!

Don't think I know him then. I remember a 20 something bloke we saw a few times, who seemed nice.

Fingers crossed for you that Bisc's just snoring!

thank you! i hope he just snores aswell. i think it might be that because he doesn't do it all the time, just when he's in a deep sleep. but then i panic and think he can't breathe properly and keep waking him up. :oops:

aidan said his chest is clear and all the other symptoms have gone now so i don't know. i'll see what he thinks of my vid clips! :D

thank you! i hope he just snores aswell. i think it might be that because he doesn't do it all the time, just when he's in a deep sleep. but then i panic and think he can't breathe properly and keep waking him up. :oops:

aidan said his chest is clear and all the other symptoms have gone now so i don't know. i'll see what he thinks of my vid clips! :D

Hopefully Aidan will confirm it's just a snoring thing - much less stress for you and uninterrupted sleep for little Bisc!

When Daisy was first here i used to find it hard to resist stroking her when she was sleeping as she looked so adorable. I'd creep over and she'd lift one ear up and open her eyes as if to say 'what do you want now, i'm trying to sleep woman'. :lol:

Hopefully Aidan will confirm it's just a snoring thing - much less stress for you and uninterrupted sleep for little Bisc!

When Daisy was first here i used to find it hard to resist stroking her when she was sleeping as she looked so adorable. I'd creep over and she'd lift one ear up and open her eyes as if to say 'what do you want now, i'm trying to sleep woman'. :lol:

:lol: i'm guilty of that aswell! i wake them up when i don't mean to! i feel mean then!

when i was filming bisc asleep he woke up a few times and nudged my phone away and looked at me like 'what the hell is she doing this time!' i get looked at like that alot actually...!

aww, my little snoring bisc whisk! :love::love::love:

when i was filming bisc asleep he woke up a few times and nudged my phone away and looked at me like 'what the hell is she doing this time!' i get looked at like that alot actually...!

aww, my little snoring bisc whisk! :love::love::love:

Awww bless him - 'bisc whisk' - that's so cute!

Daisy is always giving me the 'what the hell are you doing' look too, and is frequently joined in it by my o/h! I don't even notice anymore when I'm talking in a stupid baby voice to Daisy :oops:

Awww bless him - 'bisc whisk' - that's so cute!

Daisy is always giving me the 'what the hell are you doing' look too, and is frequently joined in it by my o/h! I don't even notice anymore when I'm talking in a stupid baby voice to Daisy :oops:

he actually takes more notice when i call him bisc whisk or biscy bunny! and i call matt my matt matt or matted bunny! so sad! :lol:

i actually have to listen to my bf talk in a baby voice to them so you're lucky! :lol:

I thought Manchester Street was really expensive when I was looking around for Charlie when I first got him. 25 for a consult, 20 pounds for each injection

I go down to tameside vet clinic

Back